Groups

Question about a surround sound system and connecting to a blu ray player, please help. Thanks

If I get the Panasonic SC-PT170EB-K Home Cinema System (link in next post) would I be able to connect it to a blu ray player when I can afford one? I've heard that the blu ray needs to be connected via the hdmi to get the sound and as this is a 1080p HDMI Upscaling system will it work? Thanks guys I don't know a lot about this type of thing!

4 Comments

Hi,

You should still connect your blu-ray player via HDMI to your TV but you can connect your Blr-ray player to your surround sound system via an Optical digital cable.

Chris

Original Poster

theone;5412990

Hi,You should still connect your blu-ray player via HDMI to your TV but … Hi,You should still connect your blu-ray player via HDMI to your TV but you can connect your Blr-ray player to your surround sound system via an Optical digital cable. Chris

So I'll be able to plug an optical digital cable from a blu ray player to this Panasonic kit?
    Cheers

In theory yeah. Ive got SC-PT560EB-K and thats how it works for me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764171
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions