Groups

Question about a wireless router....

Does anyone know if the wireless function can be turned off? (we have a d-link router)
    We don´t really use it so there´s no point having it on.
    I couldn´t see anything about it in the admin menu...

Thanks in advance

8 Comments

Original Poster

We have a DI 514...
    Is "SSID Broadcast" the thing you mean?

Original Poster

Just read that the ssid broadcast thing´s the feature that sends out the name of your connection
    (so it gets displayed on wireless devices when you search for connections)
    I disabled that for now..no one else needs to see it and if we need to use it, I know the name of our connection.
    Still weird that I can´t just turn the wireless function off??

Banned

TanyaSpace;4355559

Just read that the ssid broadcast thing´s the feature that sends out the … Just read that the ssid broadcast thing´s the feature that sends out the name of your connection(so it gets displayed on wireless devices when you search for connections)I disabled that for now..no one else needs to see it and if we need to use it, I know the name of our connection.Still weird that I can´t just turn the wireless function off??

you can, at the top it should say "Wireless Radio Enabled" click off next to it ;-)

Original Poster

Nope. Not in the menu..anywhere

simple, un plug it

your setting will be stored in the device.

I've had loads of power cuts and it's always come back on ok

TanyaSpace;4356043

Nope. Not in the menu..anywhere

Can you get to this page?

portforward.com/eng…jpg

If so, change the top option to 'disabled' and that should be it.

Original Poster

the coffee man;4356167

simple, un plug ityour setting will be stored in the device.I've had … simple, un plug ityour setting will be stored in the device.I've had loads of power cuts and it's always come back on ok

Unplug it? LOL
    I need the router as we have a few things plugged into it.

Xb0xGuru;4356177

Can you get to this … Can you get to this page?http://portforward.com/english/routers/wireless/Dlink/DI-514_revB/DI-514_revB3.jpgIf so, change the top option to 'disabled' and that should be it.

I´ll have a look at that tomorrow. Thanks :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions