Expired

Question about booking with Travelodge

Found 17th Aug 2009
Hi all.

Want to book a Travelodge room for this week - it says that it is a 'flexible rate' room:

'Flexible rate
(Cancel up until noon on the date of arrival)'

Does this literally mean that if I change my mind for any reason then I can just cancel the booking and get a full refund, no questions asked?

Thank you

12 Comments

Yes that is correct. You have to cancel before a certain time on day of arrival though.

Edit sorry just noticed from your post it is noon on day of arrival!

Original Poster

LJM;6043178

Yes that is correct. You have to cancel before a certain time on day of … Yes that is correct. You have to cancel before a certain time on day of arrival though.Edit sorry just noticed from your post it is noon on day of arrival!

Ooh still in 2 minds whether to book, looking at thursday at the seaside but the weather isn't looking too good on Thursday - am worried about booking and when I try and cancel it's one of those T&C nightmares :thinking:

Cancellation
For flexible room rates only, you may cancel a Booking and we will refund you if you notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival.
For flexible room rates only, if you have a Booking for more than 1 night you may cancel or shorten your booking after the scheduled date of arrival and we will refund you for any remaining nights. We will not pay a refund for any night for which notification is received after midday. Notification must be made to [email protected] or 08719 84 84 84*.
We will not give a refund on a saver or sale room rate booking and/or extras purchased with the booking.
We will only make refunds to the payment card that you used to make the Booking. We will normally credit refunds to your card within 10 days. We will refund you the money you have paid (including for any extras except WIFI or SMS confirmation text extras). For details on cancellation click here.
For terms and conditions on cancellation insurance click here.
Changing your Booking
With any flexible room rate booking, subject to availability, you may change the length of stay, the room type and/or the scheduled date of arrival. You must notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival of any changes and you will pay for any additional nights.
With any saver room rate Booking (or sale rate), subject to availability and conditions, you may change the scheduled date of arrival and/or the room type. You will pay the change fee for each change made. For details on the change fee click here.
With any saver or sale room rate Booking, you may increase the length of stay, subject to availability and payment for any additional nights at rate applicable at the time the amendment was made.

Original Poster

Thanks, just found this too

Can I cancel or amend a booking?Flexible Rate bookings - Yes, you can … Can I cancel or amend a booking?Flexible Rate bookings - Yes, you can cancel or amend Flexible rate bookings you have made online by visiting the Manage your bookings section. Bookings need to be cancelled before 12 noon on the day of arrival. If you have a My Travelodge account, then you can also log in and follow the links in the My bookings section of the My Travelodge area. Sale / Saver rate bookings - Payment for Saver and Sale rooms will be taken at time of booking using a debit/credit card and cannot be refunded. It is possible to cancel a Saver or Sale room using the Manage your bookings section but cancelled rooms are non-refundable. If you want a room that is refundable should your plans change, you can book a Flexible rate room. You can make the following modifications to a Saver / Sale rates booking using the Modify your booking option on the website but only in advance of the date of arrival as follows: £29,39,49 and 59 rates 7 days in advance, £19 rates 21 days in advance. You can change the room type or date of arrival for a £5 booking amendment fee. You can alter increase the length of stay by purchasing additional nights for the same rate. You can reduce the length of stay but will not receive a refund for the nights no longer required. All amendments are subject to availability at the time of amendment. Important note - Please note that multiple room bookings with different reservation numbers need to be cancelled individually.

Original Poster

Just booked, thank you :thumbsup:

Have a fab time :-D

Hope the weathers nice for you

Original Poster

munnski;6043698

Have a fab time :-DHope the weathers nice for you

Thank you, I asked on here in May for beach recommendations and decided on Bournemouth but have only just really got round to booking it.
Then found out about the Air show which starts on thursday and they are firing 110,000 fireworks in 60 seconds on Thursday night which pushed me more to book.
Problem is that Thursday weather looks pretty rubbish at the moment but probs won't be doing beach on thursday because we'll be driving from London - Friday is looking okay though

Wales is awesome when the weather is good. Around swansea theres nice beaches.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6043975

Wales is awesome when the weather is good. Around swansea theres nice … Wales is awesome when the weather is good. Around swansea theres nice beaches.

I was going to reply that someone told me that in the other thread - it was you :-D

]http//ww…-w/

i am trying to book with travelodge and i was doing the flexible rate but what i don't get is that do you pay on the day off arrival or when u are completing the booking

Banned

For those questioning the cancellation options for travel lodge. BE AWARE!
I recently booked a hotel in Leeds for myself partner and son + wife to attend wedding.
The booking was made without a cancellation option , one does not expect weddings to cancel as such! However it happened and the Travelodge refuse to 1, refund any money 2, change the location
Bear in mind that this distance is 300 miles from my home and other than wedding no reason to visit.
I have had attitude, rude staff, e mails unanswered, hang ups, you name it
So basically if your venue is cancelled, someone dies, your car breaks down or any unavoidable event then TRAVELODGE will NOT help you!
They will however pocket your money and say read the terms!
And when you send a complaint to anyone other than customer service who clearly work part time and can't be bothered will pick out key words in any message to any other department upon submission of a well scripted verse of how unhappy you, and will instantly delete your message saying unrelated to department.
So who holds the purse strings for travel lodge. Dubai international. Can you cotact the CEO ? No
Is there an option to contact complaints department for Travelodge simply? NO
Can you expect a sensible reply within a respectful time? NO
So from my perspective I will continue my fight for myself and all the people who are ripped off by Travelodge in the meantime. Word of advice! Don't touch them with. Barge pole

Elwin63

For those questioning the cancellation options for travel lodge. BE … For those questioning the cancellation options for travel lodge. BE AWARE!I recently booked a hotel in Leeds for myself partner and son + wife to attend wedding. The booking was made without a cancellation option , one does not expect weddings to cancel as such! However it happened and the Travelodge refuse to 1, refund any money 2, change the locationBear in mind that this distance is 300 miles from my home and other than wedding no reason to visit. I have had attitude, rude staff, e mails unanswered, hang ups, you name itSo basically if your venue is cancelled, someone dies, your car breaks down or any unavoidable event then TRAVELODGE will NOT help you!They will however pocket your money and say read the terms! And when you send a complaint to anyone other than customer service who clearly work part time and can't be bothered will pick out key words in any message to any other department upon submission of a well scripted verse of how unhappy you, and will instantly delete your message saying unrelated to department. So who holds the purse strings for travel lodge. Dubai international. Can you cotact the CEO ? NoIs there an option to contact complaints department for Travelodge simply? NOCan you expect a sensible reply within a respectful time? NOSo from my perspective I will continue my fight for myself and all the people who are ripped off by Travelodge in the meantime. Word of advice! Don't touch them with. Barge pole

You booked a non refundable stay....

Hence its not refundable, if you would have paid more you could have got the flexible rate but you chose to save a bit of money so no one else to blame apart from yourself
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions