Groups
    EXPIRED

Question about bowling

Hi!

I like to go bowling this week. We are a group of 15 people.
    I have never been bowling before, so I need some help with the planning.
    Do I need to call them for a booking or can I just turn up anytime, I try to organize it on a weekday evening.
    How many games should I buy and how should I handle the payment? I think a like to stay for 2-3 hours max.

I hope someone can help me a bit with this.

Thank you!

8 Comments

My company used to take us regularly as a group, we was basically paid to team bond. Phone you local bowling place and see if they can do a group discount, a lot of them should have deals on for so many games, possibly even food and a drink at a stretch. Then just organise a whip when you all get there for more drinks....

various offers at your local centre. just ring em up and ask

hi, we often have family nights at bowling, i always book & pay on-line. 2 games norm last for upto 2 hours . on line have all the special offers or deals you can pick bowling and a meal or just bowling. and at my local one they do certain hours were its cheaper/half price/happy hour

Original Poster

bambu;8887394

hi, we often have family nights at bowling, i always book & pay on-line. … hi, we often have family nights at bowling, i always book & pay on-line. 2 games norm last for upto 2 hours . on line have all the special offers or deals you can pick bowling and a meal or just bowling. and at my local one they do certain hours were its cheaper/half price/happy hour

When you say 2 games, do you mean you buy 2 games at one lane for your group and everybody shoots for fun. 1 game 10-20 shootings?

Do you think I need two lanes for 15 people? What about the shoes? Do all of the 15 poeple need to buy a game, I don't get :thinking:?

1 lane will only take upto 6 people (so you will need 3 lanes of 5) Shoe Hire should be included in the deal you get. Only those that want to acutally play 10pin bowling need to purchase a game

1 game consists of 2x 10 attempts to knock down the pins - 5 people on a lane lasts between 50 mins - 1h 30mins

yeah you will need 2-3 lanes and the shoe hire for all of your group will be in the price. 1 person in your group phones up or books it online for 15 people after you have put in your details it should let you pick a day and a time for when you want to book your lane. it will then give you the total price.
    theres normaly about 5 of us goes and we pay for 2 games in 1 lane,

1) you need to book to avoid dissapointment
    2) each person needs to pay PER game (1 or 2 games each)
    3) 2 games should be enough for each player
    4) You need 3 lanes minimum

games are usually around £5 each, so £10 each for 2 games unless the club you are going too is running any offers, always best to ask as bowling is expensive

You should be able to get a lot of drinks + food with the amount of people you're going for.

I know my local place used to do deal where for 10 people everyone gets unlimited bowling (though by 3 games everyone is quite bored/tired )and a Burger, Beer and Chips each for like £150, really good.

It was only on Weeknights (except Friday though).

Shame they've closed now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846374
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2356
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***721
      4. Fraudulent site289

See more discussions