question about buying a car off ebay

13 replies
Found 10th Jul 2009
I won a car on ebay lat night.got a message then from seller saying they wanted a £100 deposit.do you think its right for them to ask for a deposit when it didnt say anything about a deposit in the auction.i only bought the car for £320.any advice

13 Comments

Did you go and look at it first? We went to look at some before we bought, some of them were really rubish, glad we looked first, don't know if it doesn't say it in the description that you have to. I would give ebay a ring and ask them, do you have the number? I have one if you need it.

Original Poster

no i didnt go look first as i live in wales and the car is in nottingham.all it said on the auction was cash on collection.i would really appreciate the number for ebay.thanks mate

if it states cash on collection you dont need to pay a deposit

pm you

adanac1970;5715542

no i didnt go look first as i live in wales and the car is in … no i didnt go look first as i live in wales and the car is in nottingham.all it said on the auction was cash on collection.i would really appreciate the number for ebay.thanks mate

could just ask them why it wasnt mentioned in the auction and say you cant do it? How long is it til you will be picking it up, is it anything to do with the time?

Normally, most people are flexible, if you go and haven't seen the car and you'r not happy, they are ok about it

Original Poster

i have told the seller that i have intention of paying a deposit as i have heard horror stories of people paying a deposit and never hearing from the seller again.i asked her if was ok to pickup on tuesday and she said no problem as she is going away for the weekend.

"i asked her if was ok to pickup on tuesday ..."

You mean it has an MoT for £320????

As regards the demand for a deposit, my guess is that she supects you will have second thoughts when you actually see it so be very wary.

Original Poster

mot until feb 2010 tax until aug 2009.excellent price can't believe i picked up a mazda 323 for this

adanac1970;5715752

mot until feb 2010 tax until aug 2009.excellent price can't believe i … mot until feb 2010 tax until aug 2009.excellent price can't believe i picked up a mazda 323 for this

hopefully not too good to be true :thumbsup:

adp;5715636

Normally, most people are flexible, if you go and haven't seen the car … Normally, most people are flexible, if you go and haven't seen the car and you'r not happy, they are ok about it

After they've finished getting their fees back with a baseball bat:w00t:

Dosent look too bad, i hope you did a HPI check on it ?

Did you check the feedback it made £431 last time and the buyer left a NEG

Item number: 300328309218

Item number: 300314526504

Banned

deanos;5718152

Dosent look too bad, i hope you did a HPI check on it ?Did you check the … Dosent look too bad, i hope you did a HPI check on it ?Did you check the feedback it made £431 last time and the buyer left a NEGItem number: 300328309218Item number: 300314526504

the buyer seems to be a time waster having won other cars and not paying either.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57563
    2. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle68
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45

See more discussions