Question about cancelling / moving from Sky Broadband to BT Broadband

Found 9th Aug 2017Edited by:"tawse57"
Hi,

I wonder if someone can offer some advice on this.

I have a 12 month Sky package which ends on October 6th - it was a £24.99

Box Set TV / broadband package and Sky have not even offered any

discount on a new price of £90 per month so I have cancelled my Sky from

the end of contract.

I am thinking of ordering this BT Broadband

package but if I order now will I be able to tell BT that I only want

the broadband to start from October 6th?

I don't want to order the BT Broadband this week and be told that it is starting immediately.

Also, what happens if you move house halfway through the 12 month contract - anyone know?

Thanks for any help.

T.

Btw, I don't watch much TV so am only really interested in a broadband package. I want something that included BT line rental.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I'd give sky a second chance.

If you have cancelled already, you can try the trick mentioned here:

hotukdeals.com/dis…671

I did it myself, and got my TV and fiber BB down to 37 a month.

If you're set on moving and going to BT, then as far as I'm aware you can get the contract started when you want / need.
I'm sure there's a live chat on BT's website you can use to get more details.
You won't get offered decent sky price with two months left on your contract
chocci3 h, 20 m ago

You won't get offered decent sky price with two months left on your …You won't get offered decent sky price with two months left on your contract

They have rung me three times in recent days. I did not have time to answer but saw their number on my phone.

Do you mean that they will not offer a good deal until nearer the end of my contract?
tawse571 h, 7 m ago

They have rung me three times in recent days. I did not have time to …They have rung me three times in recent days. I did not have time to answer but saw their number on my phone.Do you mean that they will not offer a good deal until nearer the end of my contract?

Yes
You can set the start/activation date when you order through BT, personally I'd wait until the rewards card is a tad more, I've seen it at £200, currently it's £80 for Infinity orders.
PKRichie9th Aug

You can set the start/activation date when you order through BT, …You can set the start/activation date when you order through BT, personally I'd wait until the rewards card is a tad more, I've seen it at £200, currently it's £80 for Infinity orders.

Thanks.

Sorry to be stupid - what do you mean about the rewards card? What is that?
Edited by: "tawse57" 14th Aug 2017
tawse5714 m ago

Thanks.Sorry to be stupid - what do you mean about the rewards card? What …Thanks.Sorry to be stupid - what do you mean about the rewards card? What is that?

It's a pre-paid Visa card with cash on it, use it to shop online, use it for food shopping or filling the car with fuel, the only restrictions are you can't withdraw as cash, spend anywhere that accepts Visa.
Now is the right time to join, see Here

BT Infinity (52mb) - £27.99/month, £9.99 box (no setup fee) and £150 cashback 12 months £345.87
So I had a very similar deal that you had that ends at the end of September. I don't watch much TV but still liked having HD channels etc but oh well.

With the BT offer than your man has posted above me, it's £150 voucher and if you sort it tonight you can get £110 with TotalCashBack (I've put it through but haven't had it confirmed yet) making the monthly cost for fibre about £7 a month. Not bad eh? I'll just use NowTV and other means if there's something on Sky I want to watch.

Hope this helps.
emcaleenan17th Aug

So I had a very similar deal that you had that ends at the end of …So I had a very similar deal that you had that ends at the end of September. I don't watch much TV but still liked having HD channels etc but oh well. With the BT offer than your man has posted above me, it's £150 voucher and if you sort it tonight you can get £110 with TotalCashBack (I've put it through but haven't had it confirmed yet) making the monthly cost for fibre about £7 a month. Not bad eh? I'll just use NowTV and other means if there's something on Sky I want to watch. Hope this helps.

Missed this unfrotunately - was away. But thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions