Question about ebay £1 selling fees

Posted 16th Apr
So I decided to sell a few things last week as ebay were doing a £1 selling fees. Having looked at my items after they were being sold, it looks like I have been charged PayPal fees.

I sold an item for £265 and £8 was charged as PayPal fees. Is this right? I thought the whole point of £1 promotion was I only get charged £1.

Can someone advise on this? Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Yeah PayPal fees are separate to eBay fees. So it’s usually 3.4% PayPal fees and then the £1 ebay fee on top
As above.
PayPal are just ripping us off
Misslovely1 h, 58 m ago

As above. PayPal are just ripping us off

When you use your debit or credit card in the shops etc the company get charged fees exactly the same as sellers on eBay, they just factor it in to the running costs . They are providing a service so not really ripping you off unless you think the percentage is too high? If so get a business account on PP or take your own card payments by setting up a account but buyers will still use PP. Also to the OP PayPal is a separate entity to eBay, they manage the buyers payments not the selling. To avoid PP fees have cash on pick up only but you will lose a huge amount of buyers and if auction a lot of bids. Best way on £1 listings is work out a final price you are happy with add PP & eBay fees and delivery if offering free delivery and list it at that price.
Edited by: "caverncity" 16th Apr
eBay and Paypal are now separate companies so charge separate fees
It's all smoke and mirrors I know PayPal and eBay are supposed to be "separate" companies but they still work extremely close hand in glove close in fact .
furbars58 m ago

It's all smoke and mirrors I know PayPal and eBay are supposed to be …It's all smoke and mirrors I know PayPal and eBay are supposed to be "separate" companies but they still work extremely close hand in glove close in fact .

Couldn't agree more, it's all just a con. It's funny how payments and refunds are linked through both yet they claim to be separate.
You are paying PayPal so they can scam you out of your money when a buyer is being a ****
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions