Question about Ebay/Paypal.

I have won something on Ebayand clicked the Pay Now Icon, expecting to see the confirmation screen where I could change the payment option to Credit Card.

Unfortunately, the payment went through instantly. My bank had insufficient funds at that time.

Now I know they try your bank account first, then if they are unsuccesful go to the second option, in my case credit card.

My question is, will my bank make a charge based on Paypal trying and failing to get the funds from my bank account?

I did transfer the relevant funds into my bank account 3 minutes after I clicked the Pay Now button on Ebay, but I fear that was just too late as the funds are sitting untouched in my bank account.

3 Comments

tinkerbell28;6310666

Nope as they have to request the dd first if you paid direct from your … Nope as they have to request the dd first if you paid direct from your bank it won't come out for a few days, so you will be fine, if it's there now:thumbsup:

Yes exactly that lol - takes a few days! dont worry!

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6310666

Nope as they have to request the dd first if you paid direct from your … Nope as they have to request the dd first if you paid direct from your bank it won't come out for a few days, so you will be fine, if it's there now:thumbsup:

I cancelled the direct debit just after I paid for the item, so how will that work? It ill be financed via credit card anyway wont it?

How long dies it take for them to request a direct debit, andhow long before the bank actions it usually? I kinda figured that these things were instant.:?

generaloneill;6311726

I cancelled the direct debit just after I paid for the item, so how will … I cancelled the direct debit just after I paid for the item, so how will that work? It ill be financed via credit card anyway wont it?How long dies it take for them to request a direct debit, andhow long before the bank actions it usually? I kinda figured that these things were instant.:?

now am not sure! am just used to it coming out of my bank account......... I would imagine that as it normally takes three days to come out of your bank it will probably be a day or two longer to hit ur credit card - I honestly am not sure but you should call up ebay on the helpline and ask them - or just call paypal

Dont worry though - as can tell you really are!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Jury service1823
    2. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
    3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
    4. Large card print/poster..11

See more discussions