Groups

Question about iphone sim

Got an iphone sim in an HTC Magic but it doesn't have access to the net. And i've been told that it will only have net access if put into an iphone...is this true or is there a way i can get net access on the Magic ?

11 Comments

Long shot but have you tried ]o2 get settings

I used to have an iphone sim and used it to get internet on quite a few other phones.

Original Poster

just get Unfortunately, we are not able to process your settings request at this time. Please contact Customer Service or your account manager to discuss further options.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8452838

It should work with the settings, but only for a while, till it's noticed … It should work with the settings, but only for a while, till it's noticed and the internet is cancelled.

not been able to use it since i put it in.... Just got it a week ago but can't take it back as i got it from phones4u which i will never deal with again.

O2 says i can change the tarriff to a normal tarriff but i have to stay on the £30/mo plan but internet will cost £5 more per month.

No choice really but to sell the HTC and get an Iphone i guess.

Don't make much sense to me, I have an iphone, but use other phones as well.

Have you not had the internet working at all?

Edit: After reading above that doesn't quite make sense, I'm a bit slow today!

So you are still in contract with the iphone so the htc was bought payg/sim free?

Original Poster

not in the htc magic....only via wifi in the house.....only had this sim in an iphone to register it and thats it. I have 2 Iphone contract sims and one iphone due to me losing one iphone

Original Poster

jtx;8452891

Don't make much sense to me, I have an iphone, but use other phones as … Don't make much sense to me, I have an iphone, but use other phones as well. Have you not had the internet working at all?Edit: After reading above that doesn't quite make sense, I'm a bit slow today!So you are still in contract with the iphone so the htc was bought payg/sim free?

No... They story goes like this. 8 months ago i took out an iphone 24mo contract....3 weeks ago i lost the iphone.....insurance paid out £549 for my lost iphone. So instead of getting another 32gb iphone i only wanted a 16gb. So i payed off vodafone 11mo remaining and took out another iphone contract. Not i have 2 iphone contracts but only one iphone. So i have the Iphone with the 1st contracts sim card and the wife has the 2nd (newest) iphone sim card (which replaced her vodafone) in the HTC magic. But can't get any internet except wifi

and the HTC was sim free when it was sent from voda

If you don't mind me asking, who were you insured with?
    Jack

Original Poster

there's no place to change the settings and the link is still not working for me as stated above

Original Poster

spikeyjacko;8454516

If you don't mind me asking, who were you insured with?Jack

insured through my bank

Original Poster

Thanks but this is not based on an iPhone and the phone sim and the phone is nit tooted just yet. I may give this a try if I have no luck with anything else
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767344
      2. word association Game73944514
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions