Question about Lidl parking rules

Posted 15th Dec 2018
Hi
This might be a real newbie question but considering going to Lidl for a relatively small shop and then going to other shops elsewhere on foot returning to car within allocated time. Is this permitted does anyone know?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
deleted1471098
No it’s for their own customers use only, many car parks are now enforcing this using parking eye or similar companies, cctv is watching waiting for you to walk out the car park, this is then used as proof to issue a ticket.
Our lidl is opposite a church. On a Sunday morning you can't get parked in the car park because all the church goers use it rather than park on the main road. No One seems to bat an eyelid and most of these people aren't even shopping there
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 15th Dec 2018
Ok thank you both
Our Lidl uses ANPR as you drive in and you have to buy an item in the shop and enter your registration number on a terminal next to the tills to get one hour of free parking. You're free to walk away from the car park during that hour.
terriclarkfan6 m ago

Our Lidl uses ANPR as you drive in and you have to buy an item in the shop …Our Lidl uses ANPR as you drive in and you have to buy an item in the shop and enter your registration number on a terminal next to the tills to get one hour of free parking. You're free to walk away from the car park during that hour.

Same, I walk to other shops all the time before I shop there with no issue. I guess it is store dependent
All Lidl use different options. For instance my store has cameras watching you drive in and out but you get 90mins to park whereas another store nearby you have to get a ticket and get it stamped.
Not sure how they can watch you with the parking camera's waiting for you to come out as cmdr_elito suggests
Our lidl is fine. Their are a number shops next to it. We park there go round then end up in Lidl
Think it's 2hrs at our local and you aren't restricted to just using Lidl.
In ours, as long as you don't exceed the parking times, you're ok. I always shop there if I'm parked there though, but have never had problems visiting other shops within the set time.
I guess it depends on your Lidl and what's around it. My local one is near a hospital, so lots of people try to 'chance' it for free parking. My partner got caught out and was sent a parking fine...
Ours is strict.
Have to scan your receipt in order to verify parking otherwise you get a ticket in mine.
I went to a lidl which is in an area with no free parking and asked the parking attendant if it was ok to park there and shop both in lidl and the local high street and he said of course we're not going to follow you out of the car park. I know other areas where you do get charged for leaving the car park on foot so you may be better off asking the staff there or other customers at that specific lidl.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants