Question about ordering online?????

4 replies
Found 15th Jan 2007
--------------------------------

I just ordered some dvd's from HMV online. Im new to all this online buying... And my account details are:

Billing Address Paul********, 10 ***** Road, DERRY, BT48
Shipping Address Paul *******, 10 ****** Road, DERRY, BT48

However the credit card i used is my girlfriends. She lives with me. Will it matter if her name is on the card and the billing address is in my name.

It asked for the cardholders name also by the way (Which i gave as hers). It doesnt give me the option to state the billing name/address

Cheers :thumbsup:

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

* Moved to misc forum *

usually the billing adress means the adress assiciated with the card your using, i guess if you live together then thats fine, however if it asked the name on the card, you should put your g/f's in case they decline it if it doesnt match

i think you'll just have to wait and see if it arrives.

usually they don't ask for the name as part of the address, it's a separate field to be filled in on the card details form. so maybe it will be ignored by the credit card company.

Original Poster

loupomm

usually the billing adress means the adress assiciated with the card your … usually the billing adress means the adress assiciated with the card your using, i guess if you live together then thats fine, however if it asked the name on the card, you should put your g/f's in case they decline it if it doesnt match

Thanks

Yeah the card is associated with this address as she lives here
Her names on the card and it asked trhe name of the card holder

But the parcel is being sent to my name under the address

Basically, your billing address is the address the card is registered to.

The shipping address is where you want the items sent, this could be any name and any address.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice22
    2. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?23
    4. dakine backpacks22

See more discussions