Groups

Question about posting items out before payment received.

Would it not be better for a buyer to pay through PayPal ( if they can, but not Gift) rather than the seller post before any payment has been made? Wouldn't the buyer be able to file a claim (as you would on Ebay) if an item is not received? Only asking as I often see members with low feedback on here being asked to do this.

8 Comments

personally dont think there is a problem if the low feedback member is sending first to a high feedback member-its the best way to build up feedback.

the ones that make me laugh are where someone with 2 or 3 feedback is asked to mail first by someone with none!

think its the safest way tbh rather than trying to claim via paypal-seems to be a lot of new sellers trying to sell high value items as their first sale(phones especially).

barky;7194397

personally dont think there is a problem if the low feedback member is … personally dont think there is a problem if the low feedback member is sending first to a high feedback member-its the best way to build up feedback.the ones that make me laugh are where someone with 2 or 3 feedback is asked to mail first by someone with none!think its the safest way tbh rather than trying to claim via paypal-seems to be a lot of new sellers trying to sell high value items as their first sale(phones especially).

I somewhat disagree as theres nothing to say the item will be held to ransom by the high profile member and they may make an excuse to not want the item.

Banned

cant file a claim v a gift

after being ripped off ill never post money first to low fb sellers

Original Poster

hncb0809;7194430

cant file a claim v a giftafter being ripped off ill never post money … cant file a claim v a giftafter being ripped off ill never post money first to low fb sellers

I know you can't make a claim on a Gift payment but normal payment through PayPal is safe isn't it?

Banned

scabbers;7194504

I know you can't make a claim on a Gift payment but normal payment … I know you can't make a claim on a Gift payment but normal payment through PayPal is safe isn't it?

not totally

Jumpingphil;7194576

Pretty sure you're not covered with Paypal outside of e-bay no matter … Pretty sure you're not covered with Paypal outside of e-bay no matter what method you use.

you are covered outside of ebay if you don't use paypal gift, but only for non reciept, you cannot claim if the item is faulty or not as described, it's a lengthy process though, it is up to the seller to proove they sent the item, not for the buyer to proove they haven't got it.

Original Poster

juiceblaster;7194665

you are covered outside of ebay if you don't use paypal gift, but only … you are covered outside of ebay if you don't use paypal gift, but only for non reciept, you cannot claim if the item is faulty or not as described, it's a lengthy process though, it is up to the seller to proove they sent the item, not for the buyer to proove they haven't got it.

That's a bit rubbish then really?!

scabbers;7194781

That's a bit rubbish then really?!

yup outside ebay they dont wanna know
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …99190
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846286
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30119
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764508

See more discussions