Groups

Question about prepaid visa card and recurring payment

After signing up for something via monthly subscription i noticed in the small print there would be a £75 charge for cancellation within three months. I obviously would rather not have to pay this considering the initial subscription is just £20. If i did end up cancelling, would it be an option to transfer the payment method (i can do this) to a pre-paid visa so they cannot charge this rather unfair cancellation fee?

2 Comments

I would have thought that changing the method of payment in itself does not cancel the subscription. The £75 appears to be a fee for cancelling the the subscription within 3 months - so you pay that fee if you cancel within 3 months.
    Without seeing any other T&Cs it would seem to be safe to cancel after 3 months.

tardytortoise

I would have thought that changing the method of payment in itself does … I would have thought that changing the method of payment in itself does not cancel the subscription. The £75 appears to be a fee for cancelling the the subscription within 3 months - so you pay that fee if you cancel within 3 months.Without seeing any other T&Cs it would seem to be safe to cancel after 3 months.

​I think OP is trying to get out of paying any further monthly fee OR the early termination fee by transferring the direct debit to a prepaid visa with insufficient funds in it.

Assuming above is correct this will hurt you in the long run ie your credit score will be tarnished and the company may very well charge a penalty fee for you not paying when payment is due.

I would suck it up and take it as a loss. Would paying for 3 months and then cancelling be cheaper than the early termination fee?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)47
      2. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar11
      3. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?55
      4. Amsterdam Booking.com advice33

See more discussions