Expired

question about speed cameras on the m1 southbound j26-25 (fine)?

Found 28th Apr 2014
Hi people wanted to ask on here if anyone else has had this problem? Friday morning around 5 I was travelling down the motorway from j26 the average speed lights was on (50, warning animals in the road) went past 1 cam 50- then 2nd 55? But as I was driving there was a lorry drivr right up my backside so went no more than 60 and was in 1st lane, went past the 3rd a flash from the camera.

now the problem is 2 cars was travelling 70 plus in the last lane. No flash. So 1 why has it got me only, the lorry then over took me and no flash for him. And all the lanes stated 50 and no thing in the road.
will I get a ticket? Do I have any ground to stand on to fight?
or do I have to take the fine,
as of yet no letter
thanks
Community Updates
20 Comments
didn't think average speed cameras flashed, they just measure the time it takes you to travel between the 2 cameras and work out if your average speed was over the limit
I got flashed there doing 57. had to take course or points. sorry
you wont get flashed, what is it meant to be flashing you for? its an average speed check so I think you got it wrong.
Sorry not the one on the blue pole with yellow cameras. The ones behide the signs grey boxes gantry think they called?
Also if anything the lorry and the 2 cars going faster was in the wrong more than me, ok I was nearly doing 60 when the lights was on.
They probably hit the anchors as they went over the dotted lines then floored it.
Lol no they flew pass and I plodded pass and It got me :-(
And there was no reason to put signs up as there wasnt anything in the road
So ive been done then as they got away with it
Just wait and see if you get a letter. No point getting yourself worked up until it lands on your doormat mate.
If you knew there were speed cameras how come you didn't just stick to 50?
Cause others flying pass. thought doing 60 was ok. Plus the driver of the lorry was going faster. Some say if single flash you ok some say ive been done wait for a ticket :-(
This is the fundamental unfairness of cameras, it gets who it gets, not who is the most dangerous driver or who had committed the more serious faux pas.

Even if it has got you, I'm fairly sure the defence of "someone else was going faster than me too" isn't gonna be fruitful.

Hopefully it won't have got you, like has been said, try to forget it until you get the letter.
Edited by: "dantesfireplace" 28th Apr 2014
Crazy idea, but when I pass through an average speed enforcement area - I set the cruise control to 50 or whatever, and I don't bother about others going faster. That's their beef.
moob

Crazy idea, but when I pass through an average speed enforcement area - I … Crazy idea, but when I pass through an average speed enforcement area - I set the cruise control to 50 or whatever, and I don't bother about others going faster. That's their beef.

i do the same as well...
someone told me that if you change lanes just before the speed camera locations....the camera cannot calculate your average speed. i havent tried it...but not sure if anybody has more insight
raghu2000

someone told me that if you change lanes just before the speed camera … someone told me that if you change lanes just before the speed camera locations....the camera cannot calculate your average speed. i havent tried it...but not sure if anybody has more insight

That's nonsense.
sme24185

Cause others flying pass. thought doing 60 was ok. Plus the driver of … Cause others flying pass. thought doing 60 was ok. Plus the driver of the lorry was going faster. Some say if single flash you ok some say ive been done wait for a ticket :-(

why did you think 60 was ok in a 50 limit?

Just because others are speeding doesnt mean you can too and then moan that 'Ive been done' when you get the points & fine oO
sme24185

And there was no reason to put signs up as there wasnt anything in the … And there was no reason to put signs up as there wasnt anything in the road

LOL - it is a warning that animals may possibly be in the area so take care. Not that you can do 50mph and steer around them when you spot them in the road

deary me!
Did the speed limit have the red circle around the number 50?
Speed limits are only enforceable if they have the red circle around them, if it hasn't got the red circle (which a lot on motorways don't have) it is just an advisory speed limit and is not an offence to go faster than the figure stated.
Lol very true lets hope I dont get a letter. I only went faster cause the silly lorry driver driving up my ass was un aware till I seen speedo. Never mind
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants