Question about the Epson SX200 ink levels

12 replies
Found 11th Oct 2009
Ok the deal is we have ran out of the CYAN, can we print with just black? (text)
The dam thing doesn't want to print, even though we have plenty in the black and have selected for it to just be printed in black text
Seems pretty stupid if all we want to do is print black text and don't ned colour....

anyone else have this problem?

thanks all

1. Misc
  2. Epson
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Epson
12 Comments

Pretty standard for an Epson. Once you run out of any colour it won't print anything until you change that cart. Its a right pain and I've never found a way round it, sorry...

This is why I hate Epson (even thought I own an SX200 as well), the SX200 also drinks ink! It's so poor!

Original Poster

Dam them lol

Do you get printers that print even though some colours have ran out?

saxo_appeal;6545669

Dam them lol Do you get printers that print even though some colours have … Dam them lol Do you get printers that print even though some colours have ran out?

you can make some printers 'mix' ink together and eventually print in other colours.....was always printing school work off in the wrong colour! :whistling:

however as said above I dont think there is a way around the epsom printers....But I like them cos you only need to change the colour that is empty...not all of them

I always have a full set spare for mine....perhaps you should in future? :roll:

I've got a Brother all in one and that won't either so I guess its standard for most/all of them.

There should be a way of conning it, but I've never felt up to shorting out some of the point with a paper clip to see !

mine is a sx100 and when it ran out of black ink a few days ago it said about the mixing ink thing,it did it and it worked ok,I did have a spare replacement black but just couldn't be bothered changing it at the time,

Just thinking if the sx100 does it you'd wonder the sx200 doesn't do similar?

I managed to print with an old printer of mine when one of the inks were empty by placing some black sticky tape around the empty cartridge where the ink should be. The printer then thought that the cartridge was full and so continued printing. I can't remember which printer it was but it was either an epson or a brother.

Original Poster

Lol would that work ^

Banned

BUMP!

Anyone know of a way around this yet?
I need to print something and my cyan has run it too.
Same printer.

Lol, Canon printers print when the ink runs out, Epson are a pain for this.

However, I found this link - Possible Resetter after googling, not sure if it is legit or anything, but have a look.

Banned

Ta, but couldn't get that to do anything, my printer wasn't supported.

I tried swapping the little circuit board on the cyan to a new black cartridge but that never worked either.

greatest666

Ta, but couldn't get that to do anything, my printer wasn't supported.I … Ta, but couldn't get that to do anything, my printer wasn't supported.I tried swapping the little circuit board on the cyan to a new black cartridge but that never worked either.

You could buy a new cartridge lol!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89
    2. Google maps on Plusnet46
    3. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    4. spam regarding paypal33

See more discussions