Question about the Nokia Lumia 1020 camera

4 replies
Found 31st Aug 2016
So I bought the 1020 last week, purely because of the camera. However I've read that to view the 38mp pictures, you need to access your camera roll throigh your computer.

Is there no other way of accessing these pictures? Through a file explorer app on the Nokia or something? I take random pictures and I really can't be bothered connecting my phone to my computer every time I want to see a HQ version.

thanks.

4 Comments

The Nokia only has a little screen. If you're trying to view a 38mp photo at full resolution you'd only be able to see a tiny portion of the picture at a time. Therefore to view it under more favourable conditions, you're advised to look at it on a monitor. Seems reasonable to me.

Original Poster

scrumpypaul

The Nokia only has a little screen. If you're trying to view a 38mp photo … The Nokia only has a little screen. If you're trying to view a 38mp photo at full resolution you'd only be able to see a tiny portion of the picture at a time. Therefore to view it under more favourable conditions, you're advised to look at it on a monitor. Seems reasonable to me.

​but I usually cast my photos to my TV to show the family

There used to be an app, I think it was called Lumia Beamer? Not sure if it still exists though.

You wont be able to beam the 38mp photo but can beam the 5mp jpg that the phone also creates. You will need to download an app called Lumia playto to do this.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63660
    2. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    3. win free cash32
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines10

See more discussions