Groups

Question about upgrading my Ram - need some advice!

Banned
    Hi my Ram is a few years old now and it doesn't run as fast as it used to I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips if they know about these things? I don't want to get ripped off.

21 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5589/ramcollargk5.jpg

Banned

Hmmm. Now I can see why BG wanted to contact you earlier!!!!

Now what Ram did you want to upgrade to?

Your RAM's speed wont change over time, it's likely that your computer "feels" slower because over time your Operating System (Windows) will slow down as you install more things to it.
    If it's simply the speed issue you'd like to help out, you could try reinstalling Windows instead, before buying new RAM (As that's the best way to clear out any **** that accumulates over time).

If you'd still prefer more RAM, though, we first need to figure out what type you have. Is it a PC or a laptop? How "old" is a few years? And what processor does it have?
    Basically, any and all information you could provide will help =)

Original Poster Banned

Kushan;2735161

Your RAM's speed wont change over time, it's likely that your computer … Your RAM's speed wont change over time, it's likely that your computer "feels" slower because over time your Operating System (Windows) will slow down as you install more things to it.If it's simply the speed issue you'd like to help out, you could try reinstalling Windows instead, before buying new RAM (As that's the best way to clear out any **** that accumulates over time).If you'd still prefer more RAM, though, we first need to figure out what type you have. Is it a PC or a laptop? How "old" is a few years? And what processor does it have?Basically, any and all information you could provide will help =)

hi I am talking about my pet ram here as far as I know it doesn't run on a processor or an OS it seems to run on water and grass, thanks for your assistance

Proximo - I can tell just by looking at it that your RAM needs updating just don't let any seller pull the wool over your eyes - especially if they get the horn!
    I'm scared to ask but have you tried upping your RAM before?
    Apparantly you can up a goat thesun.co.uk/sol…ece

Kushan;2735161

Your RAM's speed wont change over time, it's likely that your computer … Your RAM's speed wont change over time, it's likely that your computer "feels" slower because over time your Operating System (Windows) will slow down as you install more things to it.If it's simply the speed issue you'd like to help out, you could try reinstalling Windows instead, before buying new RAM (As that's the best way to clear out any **** that accumulates over time).If you'd still prefer more RAM, though, we first need to figure out what type you have. Is it a PC or a laptop? How "old" is a few years? And what processor does it have?Basically, any and all information you could provide will help =)

lol what??????????

kidda prox, best thing is to take it for walks.

PS: I spotted this thread from looking at my buddy list, pretty nifty hey.

lmao!

give it some of black gerbils steroids

Banned

Kushan;2735161

Kushan,

Good reply, but proximo just can't help himself, back with a vengence after his enforced break :thumbsup:

Banned

black gerbil1;2735176

kidda prox, best thing is to take it for walks.

Please keep this on topic. The OP wanted assistance on upgrading his Ram not how to look after his existing one.

guv;2735185

Please keep this on topic. The OP wanted assistance on upgrading his Ram … Please keep this on topic. The OP wanted assistance on upgrading his Ram not how to look after his existing one.

well you say tht......

Original Poster Banned

aScottishBloke;2735183

Kushan,Good reply, but proximo just can't help himself, back with a … Kushan,Good reply, but proximo just can't help himself, back with a vengence after his enforced break :thumbsup:

my "enforced break" ended 2 weeks ago

guv;2735185

Please keep this on topic. The OP wanted assistance on upgrading his Ram … Please keep this on topic. The OP wanted assistance on upgrading his Ram not how to look after his existing one.

If i can get more mileage out of my existing one by clearing out the insides and re installing windows on it and taking it for walks then i could save some money

Cluffy321;2735181

give it some of black gerbils steroids

guv;2735185

:giggle:

Proximo;2735191

my "enforced break" ended 2 weeks ago :)If i can get more mileage out of … my "enforced break" ended 2 weeks ago :)If i can get more mileage out of my existing one by clearing out the insides and re installing windows on it and taking it for walks then i could save some money

Don't forget to up the voltage on it, that should help with it's speed!

Original Poster Banned

Kushan;2735202

Don't forget to up the voltage on it, that should help with it's speed!

thank you very much I will take your advice and see if clearing out the **** out of it helps it run faster, its days of faithful service may not yet be numbered!

Banned

Proximo;2735191

If i can get more mileage out of my existing one by clearing out the … If i can get more mileage out of my existing one by clearing out the insides and re installing windows on it and taking it for walks then i could save some money

As an expert ram keeper and authority on the subject, can I ask if you got it validated? If you didn't, you will need to supplement its diet with servicepacks and ensure it doesn't have any viri.

guv;2735209

As an expert ram keeper and authority on the subject, can I ask if you … As an expert ram keeper and authority on the subject, can I ask if you got it validated? If you didn't, you will need to supplement its diet with servicepacks and ensure it doesn't have any viri.

I dispute your claim based solely on the fact that you referred to them as viri and not viruses :P

i concur

http://gallery.ulfurinn.net/lulz/.cache/640x429-goat-fail.jpg

Original Poster Banned

AugQX;2735340

Actually that's a goat, how ironic!

Banned

Proximo;2735191

If i can get more mileage out of my existing one by clearing out the … If i can get more mileage out of my existing one by clearing out the insides and re installing windows on it and taking it for walks then i could save some money

Did you get a rodent with it when you bought it? Make sure its a genuine mouse and not a fake gerbil which are renowned for causing irritability, headaches and irrational diarrhoea.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2952
      2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963005
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846253
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34201

See more discussions