Question about uploading software to cloud services...

Found 24th Apr
Hi,

Calling all tech buffs.

Is there is any way or a platform to upload application software to cloud storage, or an online database instead of a normal hard drive or other forms of storage? To then later retrieve that software from another PC or desktop?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Unclear what it is your asking?, are you trying to store Apps or run them in the Cloud, more info needed.
Any cloud storage will do this if I'm reading your question correctly. Google drive is just an online storage folder. Onedrive is similar. You would need to log in to your storage account on another pc to download software
If your wanting to actually run apps in the cloud then you need a Cloud host that offers Virtual computing as well as storage. Azure is the obvious one....

Basically you pay for usage of a virtual workstation or desktop in the cloud that has the running apps....

To actually run an application from your PC but stored in the cloud isn't practical due to the bandwidth limitation of your Internet connection..
deleted1315437
zirk5 m ago

Unclear what it is your asking?, are you trying to store Apps or run them …Unclear what it is your asking?, are you trying to store Apps or run them in the Cloud, more info needed.

Sorry meant retrieve as i download it from that cloud onto another computer elsewhere.
Any Cloud Service is User and Password protected, so in its simplest form you just log in on another Computer and download your stuff, easiest way is to use a Cloud Service that support Web Browser access, most are, some are App access only, most these days let you use multiple devices ie, Web, PC, App, Mobile etc.

Some Cloud Services even allow 'Push To Services' ie you load up from your phone and for example if your PC is logged in at Home and the File is Downloaded and waiting for you when you get Home, theres loads of different Cloud Services and Options, the World is your Uyster so to speak.
Edited by: "zirk" 24th Apr
deleted1315437
wayners2 h, 3 m ago

Any cloud storage will do this if I'm reading your question correctly. …Any cloud storage will do this if I'm reading your question correctly. Google drive is just an online storage folder. Onedrive is similar. You would need to log in to your storage account on another pc to download software

Sorry, my wording wasn't the best. Just wanted to put as much information as possible. Thanks for the help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions