Question about Xbox 360 120GB hard drive

14 replies
Found 18th Oct 2009
Have just swapped a 120gb hard drive with a mate, and am looking to sell it on. Firstly are they easy to format and secondly, what is the going rate?

Cheers for any info.

14 Comments

plug in to 360 system settings / memory choose hard drive and choose format

Argos sell em fo £67.99 sometimes/ generally £89.99 for what is a £28 120Gb sata 2.5 put you have to pay the M$ plastic wrap fee

There are a few on ebay for £34+ delivered

dontasciime;6614062

There are a few on ebay for £34+ delivered

These are usually fakes and can I've heard get your console banned.

Original Poster

Cheers. Repped. CEX give £41 exchange, so could get £42 pricematched at Gamestation. Would i get more for it here?

As long as the hd has a valid security sector that ain't gonna happen.

Met-Cast;6614105

These are usually fakes and can I've heard get your console banned.

dontasciime;6614118

As long as the hd has a valid security sector that ain't gonna happen.

Do you the sellers on ebay will give a crap about that?

Met-Cast;6614140

Do you the sellers on ebay will give a crap about that?

Why would they need to though.

A valid security sector allows the hard drive to work. M$ would need to have in their possession the one and only(the original) hard drive that uses security sector xxx to be able to ban any harddrive (if they were checking) using that very same cloned security sector.

Original Poster

Thats all over my head im afraid.

Hutchie;6614112

Cheers. Repped. CEX give £41 exchange, so could get £42 pricematched at G … Cheers. Repped. CEX give £41 exchange, so could get £42 pricematched at Gamestation. Would i get more for it here?

I doubt you would get more here for it and would need to check the for sale rules or have an expert on these rules guide you.

Original Poster

Ok, ta!

The new dashboard update is apparently banning unauthorised memory units, whether this is the Datel devices or modified BEV drives we will have to wait and see but I imagine they'll try to target both although seems odd why as the only reason you need a bigger drive is to buy more content so they win either way. m

ms2005;6615744

The new dashboard update is apparently banning unauthorised memory units, … The new dashboard update is apparently banning unauthorised memory units, whether this is the Datel devices or modified BEV drives we will have to wait and see but I imagine they'll try to target both although seems odd why as the only reason you need a bigger drive is to buy more content so they win either way. m

Who has this new dashboard update ?

oh it's from here majornelson.com/arc…spx still can't see it being hdd

M$ sure now how to alienate its customers.

The new update is not out yet but it is thought that the reference is to unlicensed memory cards only. With these bootleg HDD they are using the same model 2.5" drive MS uses and copying valid security sectors so I doubt they can even detect them. If they did ban them then too many ppl unwittingly buy chinese bootlegs thinking they are real and would no doubt swamp tech support.

As to the OP. £50 delivered is about the going rate.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions