Question about Xmas gift return for debenhams

Found 24th Dec 2017
Hi guys... Just did a early Xmas party and got... Some jelly beans and coffeesyrup as a gift..

It's not ideal for me (putting it politely!)
What are my rights with a exchange or refund. I've got the original receipt but the price has dropped too. Is there a exclusion for food that's still sealed and in date and what if the price drops. I read the terms and conditions but wasn't sure and they're closed tomorrow!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
debenhams.com/wcs…tml

You're probably caught by this:

Unfortunately for health and hygiene reasons we are unable to exchange or refund the following products:
  • Unless faulty, gift food or any products containing alcohol

...but I suppose that there's no harm in asking if you're near to the store.

Also:

Can I return my item without a proof of purchase?

In-store purchases

Yes you can, however you will only be able to exchange your in-store purchase for other products (exclusions apply)and this can only be done if the item is taken to a Debenhams store and the item is clearly identifiable as having being sold by Debenhams with tags intact. Multi-retailer brands including cosmetics brands can be sold elsewhere so will not be able to be exchanged if not identified by Debenhams tags.

Edited by: "Illusionary" 24th Dec 2017
Yup. Thats what I what worried about. It's sealed and all but not sure... It doesn't have alcohol but it counts as food!
I once got a picture frame made of elephant poo. Think yourself lucky....
psychobitchfromhell1 m ago

I once got a picture frame made of elephant poo. Think yourself lucky....

Hang it in the hallway it'll keep the flies away from the kitchen in the summer!
Dyslexic_Dog3 m ago

Hang it in the hallway it'll keep the flies away from the kitchen in the …Hang it in the hallway it'll keep the flies away from the kitchen in the summer!

Can't honestly remember what I did with it now. It is probably in a drawer somewhere. Would rather have had jelly beans
Wrap them up and give them to someone else tomorrow
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions