Groups

Question for all you computer whizz kids...converting a .avi file

Is there a free way of converting a .avi file to whatever will work with my Nokia 5800. I have found a couple but I am always wary of downloading stuff I have never heard of. Also, the one I did find and trust said that there would be a nice banner across the file...and I don't really want that.

Rep will be given.

Thanks all

13 Comments

koyotesoft.com/ind…tml
    Free video converter V2.0

I use this and it works great

Edit - select it on left panel as link goes to another one

FormatFactory is good, what i use anyway.

Videora

Original Poster

DAMNOME;5382490

http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.htmlFree video converter V2.0 I use … http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.htmlFree video converter V2.0 I use this and it works greatEdit - select it on left panel as link goes to another one

Trying this one now. I have changed it from .avi to MP4...would this be the right format? I could look in the book, but I am a bloke...

Foxy102;5382579

Trying this one now. I have changed it from .avi to MP4...would this be … Trying this one now. I have changed it from .avi to MP4...would this be the right format? I could look in the book, but I am a bloke...

Seriously use Videora, it is so easy

Original Poster

Ommid;5382589

I will once this one is done. It's pretty quick, done 40% so far.

I used mediacoder - it's also free.

You should encode to mp4 format - that works fine foxy. It also downsizes the file significantly.

moob;5382968

I used mediacoder - it's also free.You should encode to mp4 format - that … I used mediacoder - it's also free.You should encode to mp4 format - that works fine foxy. It also downsizes the file significantly.

yep and it still keeps the quality

Original Poster

I used Koyotesoft and that worked great. I wil try the others tomorrow. Rep for you all, very much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Banned

who says blokes dont read instructions??

i thought it was we dont read road maps?

i

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5384972

I don't read instructions either, but I don't need to. I don't need to … I don't read instructions either, but I don't need to. I don't need to read maps either, got an awesome sense of direction. Knew my way around sydney within 2 days.

Sounds like autism to me...

Sydney who btw?

Ommid;5382589

I used this and it worked but still cant get vids on my iPhone :x

EDIT: Works fine got it working great, cheers mate. Same as what i used for my PSP infact
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…89
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions