Groups

Question for any drone users / experts.

I'm looking at buying a drone and have narrowed it down to a DJI Phantom Vision + v30 or a 3DR IRIS +

I was wondering if any drone pilots had any input on either. For me at my stage of research the 3DR Follow Me setting is so appealing and tilting me towards it although the Phantom reviews very well also. But lacks that Follow Me setti.

Cheers.

7 Comments

3d Iris is more advanced but less known to people. Heard good things about it. Phantom 2 is very well known and popular.

I don't think you can make a mistake with either. I have a Scout X4.

Have a look at the rcgroups forums. Lots of info on there. However if your up for it you could build a better quad for the same money as a phantom. (Longer battery. Better range. Better camera. Fully upgradable.)

Original Poster

barrel24

Have a look at the rcgroups forums. Lots of info on there. However if … Have a look at the rcgroups forums. Lots of info on there. However if your up for it you could build a better quad for the same money as a phantom. (Longer battery. Better range. Better camera. Fully upgradable.)

I probably couldn't, to be honest I am more of a open the box and get it flying kind of a guy, it is more for the footage than the R/C experience I am after and the follow me aspect of the 3DR is so tempting

Banned

Why do people have these?

Original Poster

Because they capture great footage, if thats your thing it makes perfect sense, and with the follow me option and fixed focus of the camera it is like having your own helicopter camera crew.
    Edited by: "TomBoyNI" 6th Jan 2015

DJI Phantom 3 is one of the best quadcopters available, very good video quality with good image stabilisation, very good app called DJI Pilot

Original Poster

Does it have a proper follow me system yet though?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2636
      2. Family Spotify account21
      3. Legal advice22
      4. Washer Dryer44

See more discussions