Question for EE customers on Android

Found 3rd JanEdited by:"Bradleigh"
Bit of a strange one really
My son seperated from his partner a month ago , still on talking terms
They are both on EE that my son pays for (joint contact)
She has repeated messages that have been sent to and from his phone
How is this possible ?
He doesn't have access to the EE billing online as she has changed the password , not worried about that unless messages can be viewed
I'm more concerned how she can see messages he's sent and received
Hope this makes sense as I'm baffled
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
You sure they are text messages and not Facebook messenger etc messages? Is it between your son and someone who would show her the messages? I just can't believe that would be possible, so they are some of the logical ideas. I've heard of people transferring to a new number and when they send a text it send from a new number, but when people call it they can't, but they can call the old number, but nothing exactly like you describe.
Well seems a little odd. Does sound like it isn’t texts but some other app.

However as your son is paying the bill I’d get the password reset ASAP. Joint bill or not he should have access. Now he cannot see the itemised bill but she can see who he is calling.
Phone EE customer services - sounds like something is duplicated somewhere on their system.

I had something similar years ago, I didn't use a spare sim for months and when I went to use it it had messages and voicemail from someone who said it was her boyfriends number. Turns out they re-allocated my number to someone else, even though it was still mine.
Cheers guys , yes normal text messages
Not WhatsApp/Viber/Facebook etc
It's the fact she's quoted a few messages he's sent to me and vice versa and she has no way of seeing them at all
I've no idea how and she's certainly not tech minded so a bit confusing as she's had no access to either phone
I'll get him to ring ee today and look into this
No strange apps on the phone either
Cheers for the replies
The messages are probably being backed up to google drive and she is pulling them from there.
I would suggest changing the password on the account
regretful15 h, 10 m ago

The messages are probably being backed up to google drive and she is …The messages are probably being backed up to google drive and she is pulling them from there.I would suggest changing the password on the account

Thank you
Never had mine backed up so I'll ask him if he's got his being backed up ,makes sense
Bradleigh20 m ago

Thank youNever had mine backed up so I'll ask him if he's got his being …Thank youNever had mine backed up so I'll ask him if he's got his being backed up ,makes sense

Have a read of this:

androidauthority.com/bac…72/

And

howtogeek.com/112…nt/
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 4th Jan
Thank you
Bradleigh4th Jan

Thank you

Did you come to a conclusion?
MIDURIX1 h, 37 m ago

Did you come to a conclusion?

Sorry , should have updated