Found 13th Jan 2010
Daughters been thinking about getting herself an ipod for music but she already has a nokia 5800 music phone so i dont think she will get her use out of it, thoise who own them do you also have music phones, it makes little sense to me in her having both

1. Misc
  2. iPod
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPod
31 Comments

i have an iphone and an ipod nano ...tbh most music phones suck.

The iphones used for apart from the obvious web browsing,few apps and movies whereas my ipod is only used for music. Alot of phones use up the battery quickly when playing music.

the 5800 is crap for a music player. The iPod will beat it hands down.
Get her an iphone and sell the 5800.

Ipod any day, keep there value aswell

if you use the music thing on your phone then it kills the battery fast (regardless of what phone it is) so if you want her to have enough battery to call/txt/contact her when you need to then she needs an ipod

I have both - IPOD ANY DAY!! It is fantastic!!!!!!

You wont regret it and she will LOVE you for it!

Purrrr-fect!!!!

xxxxxxx

Original Poster Banned

Babbabooey;7528413

the 5800 is crap for a music player. The iPod will beat it hands … the 5800 is crap for a music player. The iPod will beat it hands down.Get her an iphone and sell the 5800.

she doesnt want an iphone and certainly cant afford one, se is not even 12 months into a 24 month contract

Original Poster Banned

cloudthecat;7528447

I have both - IPOD ANY DAY!! It is fantastic!!!!!!You wont regret it and … I have both - IPOD ANY DAY!! It is fantastic!!!!!!You wont regret it and she will LOVE you for it!Purrrr-fect!!!!xxxxxxx

i aint paying for it :w00t:

sassie;7528450

she doesnt want an iphone and certainly cant afford one, se is not even … she doesnt want an iphone and certainly cant afford one, se is not even 12 months into a 24 month contract

If you don't mind me asking, sass, what contract did your daughter get?

Sloth/Mod

sassie;7528450

she doesnt want an iphone and certainly cant afford one, se is not even … she doesnt want an iphone and certainly cant afford one, se is not even 12 months into a 24 month contract

I'd tell her to wait until she can get a iPhone. Once i got mine i sold my other spare phones and my iPods as it's all i need.

Original Poster Banned

shibi din;7528469

If you don't mind me asking, sass, what contract did your daughter get?

she got the t mobile £15 per month for 24 months, she gets 100 mins and unlimited text with the free phone

sassie;7528491

she got the t mobile £15 per month for 24 months, she gets 100 mins and … she got the t mobile £15 per month for 24 months, she gets 100 mins and unlimited text with the free phone

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I have a sony walkman phone, but still prefer my ipod nano to it, as does my girlfriend.

On the train I still carry my Phone, Ipod and PSP (or DS). I just think that each is good at doing certain things. I would get the ipod

I use my ipod to watch videos too - such as on plane's etc. The screen may seem too small but it's fine for most things :-)

edit - ipod classic of course

Original Poster Banned

do you have to pay for music to go on it, in other words once she has one is their going to be alot of costs after

sassie;7528526

do you have to pay for music to go on it, in other words once she has one … do you have to pay for music to go on it, in other words once she has one is their going to be alot of costs after

She can just transfer all her cds onto it. Depends whether you prefer to buy music online or have a copy of the cd. Personally I prefer to have the cd, then just rip it into Itunes and onto an ipod. Also, keep an eye out for freebies on itunes. My girls (younger than your daughter) have got JLS and Leona Lewis music videos on their Ipods which I got for free. I also got Robbie Williams and Foo Fighters, but they didn't want those!!

Original Poster Banned

ok, thanks guys, we all know how quickly these i wants pass, 1 month after getting the nokia (the only phone she wanted) she was looking at another one

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;7528621

I have 3 iPods (2 Nano's and a big one) and a SE W810 music phone. I take … I have 3 iPods (2 Nano's and a big one) and a SE W810 music phone. I take my iPod and my phone out, the W810 hasa good music interface but I still prefer the iPod and the Nano is tiny anyway.

its the big one she wants, the new one £200 odd :w00t:

how much are the games you put on them?

Have to agree, the music player on the 5800 is great in my opinion, but due to battery life of the phone, my daughter still uses her Zen too.

Sloth/Mod

sassie;7528637

its the big one she wants, the new one £200 odd :w00t:how much are the … its the big one she wants, the new one £200 odd :w00t:how much are the games you put on them?

The Touch

The games range from free upwards but most of the decent ones are around £2.79-£2.99

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;7528658

The Touch :)The games range from free upwards but most of the decent ones … The Touch :)The games range from free upwards but most of the decent ones are around £2.79-£2.99

yeah thats the one, oh £3 a game aint bad :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

ChipSticks;7528641

Have to agree, the music player on the 5800 is great in my opinion, but … Have to agree, the music player on the 5800 is great in my opinion, but due to battery life of the phone, my daughter still uses her Zen too.

yes she reckons its good too, apart from battery, hence why i dont see the point in having that and an ipod

Sloth/Mod

sassie;7528669

yeah thats the one, oh £3 a game aint bad :thumbsup:

There are some really good games as well. The iPod Touch is great........i only sold mine as they are basically a iPhone but without the phone. lol

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;7528719

There are some really good games as well. The iPod Touch is … There are some really good games as well. The iPod Touch is great........i only sold mine as they are basically a iPhone but without the phone. lol

she deffo cant afford an iphone, and even when she upgrades i think they are all expensive tariffs

Sloth/Mod

sassie;7528732

she deffo cant afford an iphone, and even when she upgrades i think they … she deffo cant afford an iphone, and even when she upgrades i think they are all expensive tariffs

iPod Touch would be perfect then......but if she wants one with a speaker make sure she doesn't get a 1st Gen version.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;7528805

iPod Touch would be perfect then......but if she wants one with a speaker … iPod Touch would be perfect then......but if she wants one with a speaker make sure she doesn't get a 1st Gen version.

she will want the newest out no doubt :roll:

not enough rep for you all, so a big [SIZE="7"]THANKS[/SIZE] to all :thumbsup::thumbsup:

my son just got a touch with his birthday money, he loves it, accesses facebook from it too, was £140 from amazon, guess depends what size you want

Original Poster Banned

loupomm;7528894

my son just got a touch with his birthday money, he loves it, accesses … my son just got a touch with his birthday money, he loves it, accesses facebook from it too, was £140 from amazon, guess depends what size you want

she has a laptop, so its not needed for that, will have another chat with her tonight, and say its cheaper to buy a spare battery for her nokia - pmsl

sassie;7528918

she has a laptop, so its not needed for that, will have another chat with … she has a laptop, so its not needed for that, will have another chat with her tonight, and say its cheaper to buy a spare battery for her nokia - pmsl

so does my son lol

Original Poster Banned

thanks dcx, hoping she will change her mind and start putting money away for driving lessons/a car, hoping it just a passing fad

Sony far better for music. Sound quality is average and Itunes is not that user friendly and wants users to stick with it, poor software.

wow ive just seen your post count lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google maps on Plusnet45
    2. Is this expensive?917
    3. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return56
    4. I posted a deal that has been removed612

See more discussions