Groups

question for parents

want to buy a dresser/changing unit for baby with drawers and saw this...it seems fine...but doesnt have like a boundary at the top to stop the changing mat sliding about. (see pic in next post)

so was wondering would it be safe to use it as a changing table or not? thanks

22 Comments

Original Poster

IKEA £119
    Leksvik changer

Shelves underneath hold nappies wipes etc.
    en_G…;"]http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/72490_PE188267_S3.jpg

I'd say no - wouldn't risk it with my LO

Original Poster

cannyscot;6948524

IKEA £119Leksvik changerShelves underneath hold nappies wipes … IKEA £119Leksvik changerShelves underneath hold nappies wipes etc.en_GB','colour:','','Size','IKEA FAMILY member price', 'close window');"]

thanks...but i saw this instore and i didnt like it.

Becksdawe;6948525

I'd say no - wouldn't risk it with my LO

:-( i know i dont feel safe. but i love it.... u know those cot top changers u rckon thye would fit on top of this?

i would say no too
    did u use a changing unit with others? as i would hardly use it as more often than not i would change/dress baby on my knee

I wouldn't use it as a changing unit but you could perhaps get hubby to modify it, add some thick beading around the top to create a lip which would keep the mat on

Hey lovvie... I wouldnt use it either xxx

When i bought my furniture i also got the cot top changer from M&P which was about 80 i think. It was brilliant, definitely look into getting one, i don't think it would be safe to use the dresser to change baby on

hi, i also got one form m&p with for my little girl and that was fab had the "lip" around the side, so felt a bit safer.

edjaned;6948568

i would say no toodid u use a changing unit with others? as i would … i would say no toodid u use a changing unit with others? as i would hardly use it as more often than not i would change/dress baby on my knee

+1 i always got mine dressed downstairs, or changed thier bum on my lap

What about something that goes over the cot? or maybe find a way of attaching one to the unit you like?
    supaprice.co.uk/p/r…ing

Two things - even the ones with the lip are dodgy as the baby can still roll off so you still can't leave them for a second even to turn round to get a nappy etc. Secondly when they do a wee at that crucial short time between removing the soiled nappy and putting the new one on, where is all the wee going to go? Its going to run off the matt , over the edge and into the drawer (which you've left slightly ajar)......

Doing it on the floor is safer but its a killer on your knees....

leilahfun;6948663

+1 i always got mine dressed downstairs, or changed thier bum on my lap

My Mum always changed nappies on her lap too... 4 kids later and I STILL can't do it!!

WOoohoooo

ClarityofMind;6948722

My Mum always changed nappies on her lap too... 4 kids later and I STILL … My Mum always changed nappies on her lap too... 4 kids later and I STILL can't do it!!

lol, my little one is 22months and i still do it that way, i get confused it i try and do it on the floor :w00t:

leilahfun;6948778

lol, my little one is 22months and i still do it that way, i get confused … lol, my little one is 22months and i still do it that way, i get confused it i try and do it on the floor :w00t:

I still have to use the mat-on-the-floor ;-)

Met-Cast;6948774

WOoohoooo

you just want your bum changed dontcha? ;-) xxxx

always used my lap. I find it really hard any other way

Original Poster

hey guys thanks for the replies...sorry had to do school run.

apreciate them. good points made.... gari u got some good experieneces huh !

FH hubby not that good at DIY

Com, ed and all i cant do it on lap or on the floor.... easier to plonk them waist height and get cracking.

dmtuk...not sure...i was hoping that i could use the cot changer on top of the dresser...not too sure!

Hey, i changed my first on my lap all the time, hes 8 now. But now i have just a normal chest of drawers in the new mans room, 10 weeks, with a normal changing mat taped onto the top, Its fine as your never stepping away anyway. It keeps the smell of nappies out of the living room i find. Plus walking upstairs usually helps get all his wind moving!

mothercare sell a cot top changer £50 i think it was

was very helpful as i had a c section and would be much safer imho
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions