Groups

Question for the ladies!!!

So... Basically my boyfriend says I "shop too much" and I want peoples' opinions on it!!! I spend maybe £300 a month on clothes and he says that's too much! I pay with cash (mine not his!!!) so I'm not racking up massive bills on store/credit cards or anything. I'm not into designer labels because they're pretentious so spend most of it on:
    ASOS, where say a dress is about £30-40.
    Shoes from Kurt Geiger, Dune etc @ about £80-100 a pair
    Handbags from Paul's Boutique @ £60-80 each
    Accessories from all over the place at anything from £2 to £100.
    Come on ladies, what do you think? A girl can surely never have enough clothes!!!! x

114 Comments

How many wardrobes do you have? If there is space, then why not?

£300?!? as a bloke i agree with your other half. have you not got enough by now?!?

Banned

If you look fine, and he can afford it, its OK

If you are a dog and he only earns minimum wage, then get a grip love :roll:

emhaslam;6540484

£300?!? as a bloke i agree with your other half. have you not got enough … £300?!? as a bloke i agree with your other half. have you not got enough by now?!?

+1

£300 could alternatively feed you for a month :-D

sculpturatus;6540490

If you look fine, and he can afford it, its OKIf you are a dog and he … If you look fine, and he can afford it, its OKIf you are a dog and he only earns minimum wage, then get a grip love :roll:

Its her pic on her avvy.:)

Original Poster

It's MY money! x

Banned

Marina;6540495

Its her pic on her avvy.:)

meh :?

It's your money you earn it, if you enjoy spending it on clothes etc go for it
    as you say, you can never have to many clothes!

Banned

baffledsalmon;6540498

It's MY money! x

Its MY money, its his money, make yer mind up hun

if it's your money, do what the hell you want with it .......

now if it was his, he could complain but as it's not his, tell him to stfu :lol:

Your only young for a little, before you need to pay bills, feed the kids, and get screwed by the government 10 times so enjoy it ...

Original Poster

sculpturatus;6540515

As per my post: " I pay with cash (mine not his!!!) so I'm not racking up massive bills on store/credit cards or anything"

baffledsalmon;6540498

It's MY money! x

you know what? i personally dont spend that much on clothes...but i have kids so different priorities....i dont even think i could find £300 of stuff i actually like to buy every month!!!!.....but hun ITS YOUR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so spend as you want....its got nothing to do with anyone else ...xx

As long as you are equally paying your way in the relationship and not asking him to lend you money at any point throughout the month, then he shouldn't be complaining about what you spend your money on.

However, if it was say a situation where he was saving as much as he could for a joint purchase, like a deposit on a house or new car or something, and you weren't putting as much in cause you were shopping, then I could see where he is coming from. But if this isn't the case, then tell him to wind his neck in :thumbsup:

Original Poster

He doesn't think it's a problem but he takes the pi** out of me cos I'm always buying something, but I've never got myself into debt over it and always have enough to go out, petrol, buy food, pay bills etc so I just wanted to see if other women were the same as me or whether I really DO spend a lot on clothes!! x

Man Must Have Final Say... Stop Spending Women

i would say as long as you are saving at least half as much in a saving account every month then yes go for it. :thumbsup:

baffledsalmon;6540530

As per my post: " I pay with cash (mine not his!!!) so I'm not racking up … As per my post: " I pay with cash (mine not his!!!) so I'm not racking up massive bills on store/credit cards or anything"

You can spend my money anytime hunny ;-)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/embecker324/borat-3.jpg

I liiiiiiiike my wife, Verrry much.

wear nothing he will love that im sure

baffledsalmon;6540559

He doesn't think it's a problem but he takes the pi** out of me cos I'm … He doesn't think it's a problem but he takes the pi** out of me cos I'm always buying something, but I've never got myself into debt over it and always have enough to go out, petrol, buy food, pay bills etc so I just wanted to see if other women were the same as me or whether I really DO spend a lot on clothes!! x

...........when you break it down its £75 a week.which is not even a complete new outfit a week....you actually sound pretty responsible!.its when you live outwith your means you question it...not when your BF takes the p***....give him a slap

It's your money so spend it the way you want.I wouldn't spend that much on clothes a month simply because I wouldn't need it.Remember the sex and the city episode where carrie realised she spent $40000 on shoes?

im kinda with ur bf i dont see the need to spend so much on clothes especailyy on wearing them just for one occasion

i wear mine till the got holes in

He's right.
    You should buy me something instead.

Charlie&Lola;6540545

As long as you are equally paying your way in the relationship and not … As long as you are equally paying your way in the relationship and not asking him to lend you money at any point throughout the month, then he shouldn't be complaining about what you spend your money on.However, if it was say a situation where he was saving as much as he could for a joint purchase, like a deposit on a house or new car or something, and you weren't putting as much in cause you were shopping, then I could see where he is coming from. But if this isn't the case, then tell him to wind his neck in :thumbsup:

+1:thumbsup:

You earn it.. you spend it.

I think it really depends on what you are buying, is it stuff you actually need and will wear or are you buying stuff that you probably won't get much use out of?

I use to spend £200 - £300 a month on clothes, bags and shoes but about a year ago I actually went through what I have got and to be honest, it really shocked me - half of it I had totally forgotten about! Now, I only buy pieces that I need - saves me lots of money and I don't end up with eight pairs of black shoes in varying styles!

Ok you say 200-300 which probably means 400 a month. But lets average it
    £250 X 12 months is £3,000

So its that or a luxury holiday for 2 weeks in the carribbean.
    Which do you prefer?
    I dont buy that much but I go on a good holiday every year.

Original Poster

Well... Do I NEED it or WANT it is a hard question... I probably just want them But I don't spend ridiculous money on designer stuff that will only be worn once or twice, I tend to buy just a lot of normal priced stuff! For instance I can easily go to MAC and spend £100 on eyeshadow but he just doesn't understand that MAC is the best!!! Haha! x

I think your bf is right that its a little excessive but if you can afford it and thats how you enjoy spending your money then good luck to you.

Cosmetics etc.. are quite pricey and I think about £150 would be average reasonable but its like everything in life, if you can afford it who cares? I spend a lot on going out and my Chelsea Season Ticket but it's my money so whilst some people spend on clothes, others games, different strokes for different folks

baffledsalmon;6540625

Well... Do I NEED it or WANT it is a hard question... I probably just … Well... Do I NEED it or WANT it is a hard question... I probably just want them But I don't spend ridiculous money on designer stuff that will only be worn once or twice, I tend to buy just a lot of normal priced stuff! For instance I can easily go to MAC and spend £100 on eyeshadow but he just doesn't understand that MAC is the best!!! Haha! x

I think so long as you are actually wearing the stuff that you buy, I can't see any problem with it.

It is your money and it is up to you how you spend it. Men will never understand shopping so don't even try.

Although - £100 on MAC eyeshadows :w00t:

clothes ppfftt who needs clothes, they only end up on the bedroom floor;-)

transit;6540692

clothes ppfftt who needs clothes, they only end up on the bedroom floor;-)

:w00t:

Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies.. I'll be showing him this thread next time he mocks my latest purchase that I blabber on to him about :w00t:

baffledsalmon;6540755

Thanks for all your replies.. I'll be showing him this thread next time … Thanks for all your replies.. I'll be showing him this thread next time he mocks my latest purchase that I blabber on to him about :w00t:

There is your answer sweetie.........blokes just are not interested in our girlie purchases!!;-)

Just don't tell him what you've been buying........problem solved:-D

I thought all women knew this:whistling:

baffledsalmon;6540498

It's MY money! x

its your money, you can do whatever you like with it. He can make suggestions like most men but like most women you can agree to disagree...........a woman knows when to give up shopping and Im sure you will stop when the need arises. I used to shop like you but stopped when I had a kiddie.

It's your money. As C&L says, if it doesn't impinge upon saving/joint expenditures etc, you can obviously do what you like with it.
    I personally wouldn't ever spend that sort of money on clothes and shoes as they don't interest me and we prefer to spend our money on holidays, but you may make £5K a month and it's just pocket money to you.
    However you need to sort out this source of tension between you and your b/f.

sculpturatus;6540515

she never said it was his.

I dont have that kind of money to spend on myself, but if I did, I wouldnt think twice about it :thumbsup:

I don't think I have sent £300 on clothes and shoes in the last 5 years ...

If you can afford (and justify) spending that much, then I guess it's your decision but if it were me, I can think of much better things to spend £300 a month on, such as holidays.

Original Poster

chesso;6540847

but you may make £5K a month and it's just pocket money to you.

I wish, I'm a student! :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????45
      2. Now tv entertainment passes22
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?33
      4. Beds33

See more discussions