Groups

question for you

Banned
    i have a coulpe of avi films with no sound is there any way to get the sound for films

thanks rep for answers

13 Comments

No as the sound is encoded within the file, you can only get subtitles (srt files)!! Actually you might be ablr to but may have problems such as OOS!!!

rent it out from blockbusters and record it ;-)

Are they black and white, starring a bloke who looks vaguely like Hitler.... :lol:

Download ffdshow and see if that gives you sound, or VLC media player :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

LaoTzu;1994783

rent it out from blockbusters and record it ;-)

lol

rep

Original Poster Banned

Naeem786;1994751

No as the sound is encoded within the file, you can only get subtitles … No as the sound is encoded within the file, you can only get subtitles (srt files)!! Actually you might be ablr to but may have problems such as OOS!!!

rep

Original Poster Banned

Shengis;1994784

Are they black and white, starring a bloke who looks vaguely like … Are they black and white, starring a bloke who looks vaguely like Hitler.... :lol:Download ffdshow and see if that gives you sound, or VLC media player :thumbsup:

rep ile try this

vlc is great! if it doesnt play any sound, try clicking the audio tab in the player to see if there is an alternative sound track, this little issue had me stumped for a few minutes the other day.

What operating system you using? If XP then VLC media player if its Vista then Google GOM Media Player!!

vlc player works in vista if you set it up properly

i tried gom the other day and didn't like it, it wouldn't let me drag and drog video files into it

here's how to make vlc work on vista, i stole this off a website:

Open VLC media player.
    Click on Settings and select Preferences… .
    Expand Video and click on Output modules. Note that DON’T expand Output modules, just click on it.
    Check Advanced options in the lower right corner.
    Set Video output module to either “DirectX“, “OpenGL” or “Windows GDI”

You’ll need to restart VLC media player after the change.

google for gspot . d/l it and open the file. it will tell you what codec the avi is using and if you've got it. d/l whichever codec it tells you and then install it. job done

Banned

as before use VLC media player or download k-lite codec pack.

if you can find the audio separately use TMPGenc 4.0 Xpress

Original Poster Banned

im on macbook

its going to have to be vlc then.
    Open the file in VLC. Open the Info window (Cmd-I). There should be listed ‘Stream 0′ and ‘Stream 1′ with little triangles. Press the triangles to get more detailed information. then google for the codec used. good luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions