Groups

Question for you PC geeks.

So I bought this PC the other day ebuyer.com/pro…011

Installed Win 7 Home Premium

Trying to speed up the boot time and first when I had a look the other day going into msconfig it allowed me to boot with 4 processors.

At the time I didnt change it but went back to change it today and it is only giving me the option of booting with 1 processor.

Why has the option dissappeared and how do I get it back?

Thanks

8 Comments

shoulda been a geek, then u woulda known

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7761861

Really won't make a difference.

whys that?

Just seems weird that I dont have the option when I used to

Banned

ssd? whats that?

This is actually a fake hack,With the boot box unticked windows uses as many cores as it needs when starting ,When you tick the box you are actually given the choice of turning off cores,So instead of using both you only use one, If all the options arent there do a restart with the box unticked and the options should come back,
    How does the i3 perform by the way ?.

Original Poster

ROKO;7762130

ssd? whats that?

type of hard drive. faster read speeds I believe

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7762374

This is actually a fake hack,With the boot box unticked windows uses as … This is actually a fake hack,With the boot box unticked windows uses as many cores as it needs when starting ,When you tick the box you are actually given the choice of turning off cores,So instead of using both you only use one, If all the options arent there do a restart with the box unticked and the options should come back,How does the i3 perform by the way ?.

Cool will give that a go.

Yeah really impressed with it. Seems to zip through everything Ive thrown at it.

However my old pc was a 2ghz celeron so obviously no comparison. Apparently just under performs from the quad core processors like the q6600 if that helps.

mr.potato_head;7762684

type of hard drive. faster read speeds I believe

yes thats right solid state drive

Banned

mr.potato_head;7762733

Cool will give that a go.Yeah really impressed with it. Seems to zip … Cool will give that a go.Yeah really impressed with it. Seems to zip through everything Ive thrown at it.However my old pc was a 2ghz celeron so obviously no comparison. Apparently just under performs from the quad core processors like the q6600 if that helps.

I would stop messing about with it then if it runs smoothly. It surely boots in under a minute anyway and I'm sure MS geeks would have a better idea of the best system options :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044573
      2. Santander - Compensation1519
      3. Giffgaff New goodybags22
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder66

See more discussions