Groups

Question from Xbox One veterans

So I've been a PlayStation guy for life until last week. I've finally bought an Xbox One. Since, I've been trying to figure out how to make contact with that messy dashboard and I'm struggling.

Now to my question; my TV has 3 hdmi ports. Currently my PS4, PS3 and XB1 are connected to each port. The TV easily recognises the Sony consoles but with Xbox it just says hdmi. I'm able to switch to each port by turning on the Sony consoles through that hdmi link configuration in settings however I can't do the same with Xbox! I've tried that one guide for tv on Xbox setting but no luck. Anyone knows any solution to this issue please?

11 Comments

do you mean HDMI CEC ? to switch to the right channel when you switch the xbox on ?

Original Poster

Britneyfan

do you mean HDMI CEC ? to switch to the right channel when you switch the … do you mean HDMI CEC ? to switch to the right channel when you switch the xbox on ?

Yes, sorry didn't know the term for it.

I cant find a definitive answer but I get the idea its not supported. The original xbox one with Kinect switched tv on and off and changed channels via an IR blaster in the Kinect, which was fantastic to say xbox on, xbox go to channel BBC one. But am not sure you can do this without a Kinect unfortunately.

There is a setting for HDMI CEC hidden away somewhere. I will have a look later.

Hdmi cec can be awesome but also drive m3 insane when accidentally switching something on changes channel

No Switch, I'm ashamed of you!

Jay080286

There is a setting for HDMI CEC hidden away somewhere. I will have a look … There is a setting for HDMI CEC hidden away somewhere. I will have a look later.

I don't think the Xbox one or Xbox one s supports anything like cec, strange really as most modern devices usually do.

You should have got a 360..

mixmixi

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09So I've been a PlayStation guy for life until … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09So I've been a PlayStation guy for life until last week. I've finally bought an Xbox One. Since, I've been trying to figure out how to make contact with that messy dashboard and I'm struggling.Now to my question; my TV has 3 hdmi ports. Currently my PS4, PS3 and XB1 are connected to each port. The TV easily recognises the Sony consoles but with Xbox it just says hdmi. I'm able to switch to each port by turning on the Sony consoles through that hdmi link configuration in settings however I can't do the same with Xbox! I've tried that one guide for tv on Xbox setting but no luck. Anyone knows any solution to this issue please?\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Settings
    TV & OneGuide
    Device Control

From what I remember now, you can turn the TV on but it doesn't auto switch to correct Input

Original Poster

Jay0802864 m ago

SettingsTV & OneGuideDevice ControlFrom what I remember now, you can turn …SettingsTV & OneGuideDevice ControlFrom what I remember now, you can turn the TV on but it doesn't auto switch to correct Input

Thanks mate, I've tried that before and it does not even turn the TV on. I had a read about it yesterday after finding out this is HDMI CEC and it appears neither of X1s are supporting this feature. Seems odd and annoying at the same time! I may add a splitter to HDMI that does the Switching automatically for me at least.

mixmixi

Thanks mate, I've tried that before and it does not even turn the TV on. … Thanks mate, I've tried that before and it does not even turn the TV on. I had a read about it yesterday after finding out this is HDMI CEC and it appears neither of X1s are supporting this feature. Seems odd and annoying at the same time! I may add a splitter to HDMI that does the Switching automatically for me at least.

Took me a while to get it going in my Sony TV, tried it on Hisense today and no go. But yeah best it would do is turn on the TV.
    Wouldn't even be a hard feature to add via an update.
    Edited by: "Jay080286" 2nd Jun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA88
      2. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened67
      3. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed33
      4. Ditched Sky44

See more discussions