Groups
    EXPIRED

question - if you get overcharged @ tesco asda etc ....

question - if you get overcharged @ tesco asda etc ....
    do you go to customer services to claim back

edited ....if its 2p or £2!!

if you see misprice and buy - only for it to come up full price at checkout - do you argue the point

i do - always check my receipt - the girls on customer service are usually lovely so i call a manager
    but how many hukders do??
    just interested to know....

26 Comments

Yes, go to customer service desk and explain to them

if i realise then yes....I dont check my reciept everytime I go shopping...would be stood there for 5 mins reading it :?

Always!! :-D

In Tesco if you get overcharged I believe you get offered double the difference?

Original Poster

livingthelife07;6098859

In Tesco if you get overcharged I believe you get offered double the … In Tesco if you get overcharged I believe you get offered double the difference?

they dont do that in my local one now - unless its just because its me and i'm known :-D

havent been banned yet as i am always always in the right when i do ''complain''

i always do, about 20% of the time i do my shopping in these places i get over charged somehow, though have never had a double the difference refund :-(
    i can never be assed with that as they are right miserable so and so's in my tesco, i always think the dragon woman will eat me lol grrr
    but i am always right so i get my refund

got overcharged at asda today on 3 different items & all they did was refund the difference plus give me a 2 pound gift card so no where near as good as tesco :-(

livingthelife07;6098859

In Tesco if you get overcharged I believe you get offered double the … In Tesco if you get overcharged I believe you get offered double the difference?

I bought a dress at tesco and it was reduced from £18.oo down to £13.00 but I was charged full. Went to customer services and was given £10.00 back double what I had been overcharged. I'm glad I check every receipt as this happens quite often

Allways and you can uaually get double the difference on the error, ie; what ever is the over charge the'll give you it back x 2

They used to give you the item free aswell but they stopped that

Original Poster

cheerleader;6098885

got overcharged at asda today on 3 different items & all they did was … got overcharged at asda today on 3 different items & all they did was refund the difference plus give me a 2 pound gift card so no where near as good as tesco :-(

i find asda best at giving £10 gift vouchers - :-D

must admit i purposely look for out of date stock - especially on gluten free (buy for friend) i would say 3 out 4 times i find something :thumbsup:

Less than £1, no, more than £1, probably.

holly100;6098914

i find asda best at giving £10 gift vouchers - :-Dmust admit i purposely … i find asda best at giving £10 gift vouchers - :-Dmust admit i purposely look for out of date stock - especially on gluten free (buy for friend) i would say 3 out 4 times i find something :thumbsup:

Ooh, love it!
    Though I didn't love it when I bought some sliced chicken from Sainsburys that was 1 week out of date :x
    Did get a refund, replacement and £5 voucher though so I think you have given me an idea :-D

i always check the prices as my items are being 'rung' in. If something comes up wrong i try and sort it out there and then.
    If i have been overcharged then it's adjusted there and then.

one time when i was in tesco i was looking at nectarines and im not going over the top but at least one in every pack was mouldy, i told cs and all they said was we'll sort it, went back in the next day and they were still there also looked at pates last thursday and there was one on the shelf with a date of 9th august, when i complained they looked at me as if i had two heads, their cs is dia!!!!!!!

sorry, no idea why this is posting twice lol, must of hit the wrong button

holly100;6098914

i find asda best at giving £10 gift vouchers - :-Dmust admit i purposely … i find asda best at giving £10 gift vouchers - :-Dmust admit i purposely look for out of date stock - especially on gluten free (buy for friend) i would say 3 out 4 times i find something :thumbsup:

is it just out of date stuff they give you a 10 pound gift voucher for? :?
    why did they only give me 2 pound gift card :-(

cheerleader;6099032

is it just out of date stuff they give you a 10 pound gift voucher for? … is it just out of date stuff they give you a 10 pound gift voucher for? :?why did they only give me 2 pound gift card :-(

They overcharged me on 3 items a few weeks ago and all I got was the difference refunded so count yourself lucky :thumbsup:

I do ask for a refund - so far happened once or twice at Morrisons and there was never a problem.

Original Poster

cheerleader;6099032

is it just out of date stuff they give you a 10 pound gift voucher for? … is it just out of date stuff they give you a 10 pound gift voucher for? :?why did they only give me 2 pound gift card :-(

1 - did you call a manager - well you should do
    2 - drag it out - keep repeating how upset your o/h - son - daughter - granny etc was (if you are taking something back)
    cos after keeping them from their teabreak they will do anything to get away :-D

3 - if they dont offer anything by the way of recompense - ASK for it - in a nice way

if its a pricing error - ask can you take a photo - if they ask why - tell them '' in case i have to contact trading standards:thumbsup:

cheerleader;6098885

got overcharged at asda today on 3 different items & all they did was … got overcharged at asda today on 3 different items & all they did was refund the difference plus give me a 2 pound gift card so no where near as good as tesco :-(

isn't that quite good? Lighten up :thumbsup:

rossg91;6099223

isn't that quite good? Lighten up :thumbsup:

not compared to tesco's :whistling:
    lighten up? :? what are you going on about? i was just stating that asda aren't as good with their overcharging policy as tesco! seems unfair for customers like mrs z who received nothing

I only got a refund from asda too - they were advertising haribo at 50p a packs so I bought 2 of the named packs and was charged full price.
    I went to customer service and complained - the snotty women then told me it was my fault because I had chosen packets that were not at the end of the aisle on the promotion end. She begrudgingly went and got the sign and the packets I had were on the sign - she said I will give you the difference this time but you have chosen the wrong sweets - if they are on the sign they are in the offer!
    I moaned and mentioned speaking to the manager and she still only gave me the difference. I think she should have got a medal for the best customer service advisor-lol!!

Since this episode I bought something else and was charged more so I wrote to head office and they gave me the full product price back (£5+)!.

They won't be bothered. I added two packs of pop priced at £2 each last night to my delivery for this morning. After they were delivered I realised I'd been charged £3.65 each an overcharge of £3.30. I rang CS who informed me that prices can change & I'd have to lump it. Unbeleivable other grocery websites inform you if the price will go up on the delivery date, but not Asda, I wonder why? I will definitely not be using Asda again!

Banned

Some right sad bar stewards in here

dimebars

Some right sad bar stewards in here

It's the people who take the trouble to complain, that keep the standards up. I believe that if if the stores think nobody is going to complain, they will just do whatever they like. They're really only there to make money, do you think they care if you're overcharged or buy food that's gone off? They care about their profits so it's up to us to demand decent stuff at the proper price.
    If that makes me a sad bar steward too then I'm very proud to be one

My mother-in-law bought a discounted item at Morrisons and realised when she got home that she had been charged full price. She is 83 years old and catches the bus once a week. The following week she went to customer services and was told that there was no way that they could find out whether that item was discounted the previous week, told her she should have returned to the store (a half hour bus ride!) and refused a refund!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits22
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue68
      3. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…55
      4. Dashcam question33

See more discussions