QUESTION: Is there a rom out for SGS2 that allows MHL Adapter to work??

Found 29th Oct 2011
Hi,

I currently have the MIUI rom on my sgs2 and have a mhl adapter which does not work on my Panasonic plasma tv. I'v also tried cyanogenmod 7.1 and that also does not work when i connect my mhl adapter to the sgs2.

I know the stock rom sgs2 will work with mhl adapter (hopefully) but i want a rom that will allow me also to use my ps3 controller on emulators and stock rom does not do that.

So my question is, is there a rom out that has the mhl output feature as well as sixaxis bluetooth connectivity.

Tried google but no luck, just wondering if someone on here might know.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
WOW... I just wish I knew what all this meant.
the latest sixaxis app works with galaxy s2 on stock rom, been using it for fpse, n64oid and snesoid
Edited by: "kungpowpussy" 29th Oct 2011
ancav111

the latest sixaxis app works with galaxy s2 on stock rom, been using it … the latest sixaxis app works with galaxy s2 on stock rom, been using it for fpse, n64oid and snesoid

I used the sixaxis compatibilty checker and does not show bluetooth address, how have you got it to work on stock rom? I am using sixaxis right now on the MIUI rom.

be nice to use a wii controller on mi desire hd
raptorcigs

be nice to use a wii controller on mi desire hd

You can but you will have to root your mobile
ahmed123

I used the sixaxis compatibilty checker and does not show bluetooth … I used the sixaxis compatibilty checker and does not show bluetooth address, how have you got it to work on stock rom? I am using sixaxis right now on the MIUI rom.

make sure you install the latest compatiabilty checker 0.1.5 and test it again, the sixaxis controoler app is version 0.3.2. these apps were updated just over a week ago.

i followed the instructions on their website and have it running on stock rom and rooted

check the link i posted earlier
Edited by: "kungpowpussy" 29th Oct 2011
ahmed123

You can but you will have to root your mobile

still under warranty so i can't
raptorcigs

still under warranty so i can't

it doesnt matter i have sent routed handsets back to htc and have been repaired no problem they dont care
Yes any TouchWiz based ROM will support it. Any AOSP ROM like Oxygen, CM or MIUI doesnt have support for it yet. They're working on it.
the porter

it doesnt matter i have sent routed handsets back to htc and have been … it doesnt matter i have sent routed handsets back to htc and have been repaired no problem they dont care

virgin will care, i asked them,big nono
Need some help i got the official stock kernal (I9100XWKE2_Kernel)

and the other official stock (GT-I9100_O2U_I9100XWKE2_I9100XXKDJ_I9100O2UKE1)

But when i extract the GT-I9100_O2U_I9100XWKE2_I9100XXKDJ_I9100O2UKE1 using 7z it extracts a .rar and within that theres like 6 other files.

When i use odin i dont know what to do in order to restore to official stock rom???

help please
IGNORE COMMENT ABOVE JUST UNINSTALLED WINRAR AND THE FILE BECAME .TAR
tar file is pda
csc is csc as stated in file
phone is modem file
raptorcigs

virgin will care, i asked them,big nono

htc would repair it not vm it doesnt matter just get it rooted
Okay so I restored my fone back to the official O2 stock rom and the MHL Adapter is working fine.

Now step 2: Get sixaxis app to work without rooting (which is impossible i think)
ancav111

the latest sixaxis app works with galaxy s2 on stock rom, been using it … the latest sixaxis app works with galaxy s2 on stock rom, been using it for fpse, n64oid and snesoid

Have you rooted you mobile to get sixaxis to work? Im just wondering cause you said stock rom which i think you mean the samsung official stock rom. Could you tell me how you did it without rooting to another rom.

The link you posted shows how to use sixaxis app with a rooted device which i know how.

I want to know how do you use it on the official samsung stock rom.

Thanks in advance
psb07158

Yes any TouchWiz based ROM will support it. Any AOSP ROM like Oxygen, CM … Yes any TouchWiz based ROM will support it. Any AOSP ROM like Oxygen, CM or MIUI doesnt have support for it yet. They're working on it.

Thanks for that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants