Groups

Question regarding a pay monthly mobile going over to pay as you go

Me mum has a pay monthly mobile phone and wants to go over to pay as you go. I know she will need to get a pay as you go sim will her old mobile work or does she need to pay a new/secondhand pay as you go mobile!

Any pointers would be great as I am not sure...cheers

10 Comments

if she wants to stay on the same network she can just switch over and
    keep her original simcard and phone number.

Original Poster

no she wants to go from one co to another what does she do then:thinking:

delboy006;6861535

if she wants to stay on the same network she can just switch over andkeep … if she wants to stay on the same network she can just switch over andkeep her original simcard and phone number.

she willl need to request a pac code to give to her new company and sim from new company.If her phone is locked to the other company she will need to get it unlocked if she wants to keep it.

So long as the mobile phone is unlocked or on the same provider her PAYG sim card will be ok in the phone.
    The mobile phone will not be affected in any way by changing your contract to PAYG, the only thing which changes is the tarriff connected to the sim.

kt21;6861566

she willl need to request a pac code to give to her new company and sim … she willl need to request a pac code to give to her new company and sim from new company

As far as I am aware a PAC code is needed when changing to a different provider, but if changing from contract to payg within the same provider you should not need this.

Original Poster

oh I see thats where unlocking comes into it great I shall pass the info on....cheers everyone rep given

Original Poster

yes she wants to leave one co and go with another she has requested this already so in hand;-)

kt21;6861566

she willl need to request a pac code to give to her new company and sim … she willl need to request a pac code to give to her new company and sim from new company.If her phone is locked to the other company she will need to get it unlocked if she wants to keep it.

sickly sweet;6861569

So long as the mobile phone is unlocked or on the same provider her PAYG … So long as the mobile phone is unlocked or on the same provider her PAYG sim card will be ok in the phone.The mobile phone will not be affected in any way by changing your contract to PAYG, the only thing which changes is the tarriff connected to the sim.

sickly sweet;6861577

As far as I am aware a PAC code is needed when changing to a different … As far as I am aware a PAC code is needed when changing to a different provider, but if changing from contract to payg within the same provider you should not need this.

first check if a simcard from another supplier works in the existing phone.
    if not then the phone is locked to one network.
    you will then have to buy a new payg phone with sim inc.

if the phone accepts any sim,then just buy a payg sim and pop it in existing phone.

Original Poster

ok I have a pay as you go mobile so I will try it tomorrow cheers:-D

delboy006;6861626

first check if a simcard from another supplier works in the existing … first check if a simcard from another supplier works in the existing phone.if not then the phone is locked to one network.you will then have to buy a new payg phone with sim inc.if the phone accepts any sim,then just buy a payg sim and pop it in existing phone.

If the phone is locked to one network, you can usually take it to local phone shop and get it unlocked for about a tenner. Then you can use any sim card inside that phone.

One thing to remember: a phone can never be contract only, or PAYG only. It can only be locked to a certain network provider.
    e.g. if you have O2 contract sim in that phone, then O2 PAYG will work in that phone as well -and vice versa
    A Vodafone sim (contract or PAYG) might not work in that same phone, but that's where the unlocking comes in, it makes the phone usable on all networks regardless of contract or PAYG.

Hope that makes sense :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions