Groups

Question regarding iPhone o2 unlock

Can any o2 sim be used? or does it have to be an iPhone sim?

14 Comments

Original Poster

Reason being because on o2 it says this:

iPhone Pay & Go customersYes, you can unlock your iPhone for a one-off … iPhone Pay & Go customersYes, you can unlock your iPhone for a one-off cost of £15. You'll pay for this from the money topped-up on your phone. But if you unlock your iPhone less than 12 months after you bought it, we'll take off the free Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On (that we added for the first 12 months). You can buy a Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On for £10 a month when you fill in the unlocking form. Find out more about the Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On here.

You can use any sim but I would make sure that you go for a package that gives you web usage. My 18 month iphone contract ended with o2 and i moved over to a sim only deal with orange where £30 gave me 1200 anytime minutes unlimited texts and 500MB web browsing with the added benefit of a 1 month contract. I wasnt getting any decent upgrade offers so until a new iphone is released or a contract with a good phone comes out this suits me fine. Hope that helps.

Buy any cheap O2 sim and top it up as normal...

Heard of people changing the text bolt ons to include data instead in the £15 package. Looking into it myself to cut my tarrif in half.

Original Poster

Not for myself, just wanted to query it.

Ive got a £20 sim only with vodafone. 600 mins unlimited texts unlimited internet allowance (1 month term)

Original Poster

repped all btw

on ebay if you can pick up a iphone only sim that would work out cheaper just had a look sim to be quite high in price but you do get free internet for the year as long as you topped up just search for O2 PAYG IPhone SIM Card.

Original Poster

b29;7818703

on ebay if you can pick up a iphone only sim that would work out cheaper … on ebay if you can pick up a iphone only sim that would work out cheaper just had a look sim to be quite high in price but you do get free internet for the year as long as you topped up just search for O2 PAYG IPhone SIM Card.

The phone just needs to be unlocked!, o2s 3g is awful and i live near the head office :lol:(Slough)

i moved from o2 to orange wish i didnt! i have had nothing but problems on the sim only orange with my iphone. The phone is constantly searching on 3g or non 3g i was in london last week and had poor reception in majority of the areas. Saying that i would like to know how vodafone will guarantee a signal in my house.

Original Poster

b29;7818772

i moved from o2 to orange wish i didnt! i have had nothing but problems … i moved from o2 to orange wish i didnt! i have had nothing but problems on the sim only orange with my iphone. The phone is constantly searching on 3g or non 3g i was in london last week and had poor reception in majority of the areas. Saying that i would like to know how vodafone will guarantee a signal in my house.

tbh i dont think its a network problem, its more to do with the iPhone.

yup... i can hear a that blackberry calling my name

Original Poster

b29;7818845

yup... i can hear a that blackberry calling my name

:lol:, i would go for a blackberry, but this iPhone browser is far too superior.

not forgetting maps! i have used the browser and maps in so many places i have got lost in.

b29;7818703

on ebay if you can pick up a iphone only sim that would work out cheaper … on ebay if you can pick up a iphone only sim that would work out cheaper just had a look sim to be quite high in price but you do get free internet for the year as long as you topped up just search for O2 PAYG IPhone SIM Card.

They would lose the free Internet if they apply for the unlocking so better off getting a cheap sim or applying for a free sim off the O2 site :-D.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions