Groups

Question Regarding Sky

Hi.

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't seem to find a straight answer.

Basically I've already got a standard sky box but have been offered a sky hd box (for free from a mate) and was wondering if there's anyway of getting the sky+ side of things to work without installing a new cable? Is there like a splitter box or something that would work? I'm not too bothered about the hd side of things but really want the + side of things.

Thanks for any help.

We can't get a new cable installed currently as the current one runs over the roof an

6 Comments

you need two seperate feeds for sky plus so no you can't

You need two cables or a dual cable and a quad LNB,

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies and ******... no chance of a second cable atm

Original Poster

sorry to dig up my old thread but i just wanted to check again as i've been reading the hd box will work with just the one cable and the only think i won't be able to do is record 2 channels at the same time..

can anyone confirm this? or go into more details.. thanks

You'd only be able to record what you are currently watching that way...........you couldn't record a different channel to the one you have on.

Original Poster

cool.. thats all i need it to do..

does anyone know if you have to pay extra if you supply your own box? i'm not interested in the hd packages etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your dream gaming set up?1633
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …185475
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1847
      4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1022

See more discussions