Question - Sky Q router - How to switch off wifi (only) at certain times

Found 12th Aug
Hi all, as I'm a tin foil hat wearing nutter, I want to switch off the wifi at night, (especially as now the router is in the room I sleep in) but I want to keep the router running for hard wired devices. Looking at the guides I'm not sure this is doable? You can schedule all internet access to switch on and off to a schedule, but there appears to be nothing about controlling just the "Enable Wireless Access Point" facility?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Can't help with your question, but just in case you havnt thought of it, disabling your WiFi would limit your Q box use (unless you hard wire it) and would make your mini box useless until WiFi is back on.
Not possible with a Q router.

and also as above re: mini box not working
Edited by: "mds1256" 12th Aug
Thanks, Im puzzled because there is an option to "Enable Wireless Access Point", which you can do manually in the admin console, so just thought there would be a schedule facility for that element too?
If i just used the Sky q router as a modem and then used a separate wifi router, I suppose i can just schedule that to come an and off instead?
Just leave it switched on and get more foil
The router is in your room, just turn it off when your going to sleep and back on in the morn.
There’s an app called WiFi blocker. You can block WiFi for the kids after bedtime or if they’re being naughty. It’s had an update now to enable scheduling. Just tick all the WiFi devices and set your schedule
Not natively possible on Sky router, but can achieve same effect by permanently disabling the Sky router WiFi and connecting a separate wireless access point to it that you can power down / up as required. Will use more power and hog an Ethernet socket.
marshy517 h, 2 m ago

There’s an app called WiFi blocker. You can block WiFi for the kids after b …There’s an app called WiFi blocker. You can block WiFi for the kids after bedtime or if they’re being naughty. It’s had an update now to enable scheduling. Just tick all the WiFi devices and set your schedule

That doesn’t stop WiFi being transmitted it just stops the router connecting to the devices.
OP being honest here, your house is probably being showered with other WiFi signals from neighbours, mobile phone signals, other radio and tv signals so turning off one router won’t make a blind bit of difference at all. If you truly want to escape them you probably need to go to some places in the US where they are jammed although that’s a signal too!
get off the grid and in a cave
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants