Questions about using a PAC code

Posted 23rd Nov
I have used a PAC code recently to terminate my wife's contract and move her from EE to Three and understand the process well.

Can it be done multiple times though? I have an EE line and an O2 line of like to terminate but keep the number of the EE line on a new GiffGaff SIM.

Could I use the PAC process for the O2 line to kill it and move the number then a few days later do the same with the EE line? (I don't want to keep the O2 number, was used recently for the P30 Pro deal)

Thanks in Advance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
You would only use a PAC from O2 if you wanted to keep the O2 number; otherwise, just request to end the O2 contract without porting your number.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 23rd Nov
If you do not want your number it is a STAC code that you reqest,
So a STAC code from O2 to GiffGaff and PAC from EE to GiffGaff will do both and move the EE number?
Brydo66623/11/2019 13:16

So a STAC code from O2 to GiffGaff and PAC from EE to GiffGaff will do …So a STAC code from O2 to GiffGaff and PAC from EE to GiffGaff will do both and move the EE number?

STAC & PAC are for different outcomes.

A PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) is the code your new network needs if you want to switch network & keep your existing number.

A STAC (Service Termination Authorisation Code) is the code your new network needs if you want to switch network, take a new number, & cancel your old contract.

PS. I requested a STAC (not "STAC code" as that would be repetitive tautology) earlier this week from Three.

The line was cancelled OK around 18 hours later when I used the STAC with GiffGaff but I received no end of sales calls & spam SMS text messages from Three before that happened.

If I was that much of a valued customer surely they should have tried to reduce my bill prior to be requesting the cancellation process!

Today, more than 24 hours after using the STAC from Three & having a dedicated GiffGaff number, GiffGaff have now sent me an SMS text message asking me to use a PAC from my old provider.

(Sigh)
Edited by: "fanpages" 23rd Nov
Illusionary23/11/2019 12:59

You would only use a PAC from O2 if you wanted to keep the O2 number; …You would only use a PAC from O2 if you wanted to keep the O2 number; otherwise, just request to end the O2 contract without porting your number.

"... just request to end the O2 contract without porting your number..." would typically not remove any obligation to fund any contractual notice period, whereas porting an unwanted number (say to a burner PAYG sim) instantly terminates the donating account with no further obligation to pay for any service beyond minimum term.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants