Questions on pressed/metal number plates?

Found 12th Feb
So I'm considering to replace my plastic number plates with metal/pressed ones.

Obviously I want this to be as legal as it can be. So my first question is, are they legal? Stupid really as I can't see them being illegal with vintage cars using them.

My second question is, who is a reliable/high quality source for getting them done?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
deleted793389
Rules for number plates
Your number plates should:

• be made from a reflective material
  • display black characters on a white background (front plate)
  • display black characters on a yellow background (rear plate)
  • not have a background pattern
Characters on a number plate can be 3D.
Just make sure they have the BS number on them, my kids have used them for years with no problems, they usually buy them off ebay
Edited by: "ding" 12th Feb
I have metal pressed plates on my car with the BS number, not had any issues
You can have metal pressed plates as long as they are UK font and bs number
Police don't like the euro pressed plates as the anpr can't recognise your registration plate
Not a bad thing but I got fed up with being tugged all the time
I'm also interested in the UK pressed ones but where's best to buy them
AndroidMan1 h, 33 m ago

I have metal pressed plates on my car with the BS number, not had any …I have metal pressed plates on my car with the BS number, not had any issues

Nice one, can you link me to where you bought them matey?
Bradleigh1 h, 14 m ago

You can have metal pressed plates as long as they are UK font and bs …You can have metal pressed plates as long as they are UK font and bs numberPolice don't like the euro pressed plates as the anpr can't recognise your registration plateNot a bad thing but I got fed up with being tugged all the timeI'm also interested in the UK pressed ones but where's best to buy them

I found these which I'm thinking of buying:

ebay.co.uk/itm…1VI
I got mine from eBay. I have the style you have linked to, just minus the GB/Euro bit
AndroidMan4 m ago

I got mine from eBay. I have the style you have linked to, just minus the …I got mine from eBay. I have the style you have linked to, just minus the GB/Euro bit

Nice one buddy. Another question is, the seller requires a certificate of entitlement which I think I've lost as it was over 2 years ago now. How/where can I get a replacement? Baring in mind I have a lease car so I don't have any of the/V5 documents to the car. All I've got is the original eV948 but that expired three days after receiving it (14th Oct).
That I can't answer. Having a read through it looks as though eBay sellers have tightened up somewhat on what it needed for producing the plates as I don't recall needing any of that. I just gave them the registration and they made the plates.

Edit: Just searched my feedback history and found the seller I got mine from and managed to find my old eBay emails - all I had to do was include a message to the seller in my payment.
The seller I bought from now lists all the requirements the same as the one you have linked to.

You'll have to find some form of documentation to prove the registration is registered to a vehicle by the looks of it.
Edited by: "AndroidMan" 12th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants