Quick charge 2.0 Vs 3.0? why the 3.0 not giving out max?

Found 2nd Oct 2017
Right i'm assumign 3.0 does not work for 2.0 devices?

I have tried on 2 phones, Sony X and nexus 6, I have a 2.0 Plug and on both phones it gets max output of 1800ma and 1500ma, but when i plug them into the 3.0 plug it gives 500mah and around 600-800ma, when buying i was under assumption that 3.0 was newer and not really understanding it, can someone clear it up for me
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
cecilmcroberts16 m ago

http://www.androidauthority.com/quick-charge-3-0-explained-643053/

all the numbers mean nothing to mee, need it in layman terms lol
It's hardware dependant. Simply by plugging a phone which only has the hardware for quick charge v2.0 into a v3.0 plug doesn't give the device v3 speeds/functionality.
This is in the sense that the major part of v3.0 was the below. So basically the device doesn't have the hardware to request which voltage for the battery.

Quick Charge 3.0’s INOV (Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage), communicates with the device to request any voltage between 3.2V and 20V at 200mV increments, allowing for a wider selection of voltages.

I'm assuming from your test results the v3.0 charger is defaulting to the lowest setting because it's not getting the communication from the device and going into "safe mode" giving the lowest which would not harm any device.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 2nd Oct 2017
cecilmcroberts6 m ago

It's hardware dependant. Simply by plugging a phone which only has the …It's hardware dependant. Simply by plugging a phone which only has the hardware for quick charge v2.0 into a v3.0 plug doesn't give the device v3 speeds/functionality. This is in the sense that the major part of v3.0 was the below. So basically the device doesn't have the hardware to request which voltage for the battery. Quick Charge 3.0’s INOV (Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage), communicates with the device to request any voltage between 3.2V and 20V at 200mV increments, allowing for a wider selection of voltages. I'm assuming from your test results the v3.0 charger is defaulting to the lowest setting because it's not getting the communication from the device and going into "safe mode" giving the lowest which would not harm any device.

So essentially a 3.0 plug is pointless in devices that can only use 2,0?

because on 2.0 getting 1500 and 1800, 3.0 getting 500 and 600-800, makes it seems so
Creatishh2nd Oct 2017

So essentially a 3.0 plug is pointless in devices that can only use …So essentially a 3.0 plug is pointless in devices that can only use 2,0?because on 2.0 getting 1500 and 1800, 3.0 getting 500 and 600-800, makes it seems so

Yup.
Creatishh2nd Oct 2017

So essentially a 3.0 plug is pointless in devices that can only use …So essentially a 3.0 plug is pointless in devices that can only use 2,0?because on 2.0 getting 1500 and 1800, 3.0 getting 500 and 600-800, makes it seems so

current doesn't tell the whole story, what voltages at those values at, or how many watts are they drawing?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants