Groups

Quick contract question..

Once I'm 18, can the contract be moved to my name but my parent still the payee?
    Cheers
    Jack

12 Comments

if contract is moved to your name you will have to get a credit check and if it gets accepted it will be renewed to a fresh contract eg 18 months from date its in your name

they can still be the account holder and the money can come out your bank and they can add you for authorization for the account if you needed to speak to your phone operator.

if the contract hasnt got long left ask for it to be ported to pay and go and then you take out a new contact and then transfer number over. otherwise there is no way of doing it am afraid.

i know this because am a contract owner for my sister, and she got deney for the second time now for her own contract when trying to take a new one out to day as she is due for upgrade. got refused so it had to stay in my name
    and it comes out her bank but if she dont pay it will affect my credit rating

There are not many people who would allow a change to a contract to what would be a higher risk ... they have nothing to gain as they are already covered.

Original Poster

Nooo, I just want it in my name, but the money would be coming out of her account.
    I'll have nothing to do with the money bit, just so when it comes to upgrade time, I can ring up, as she is very busy most of the time, and it is not ideal.

If its with o2, orange or voda, the answer is no straight up.

Original Poster

t0mm;7723410

If its with o2, orange or voda, the answer is no straight up.

Damn
    Why's this?
    Surely theres no actual harm done?

You should be able to, When I turned 18, I had my O2 contract transffered to my name. Had the name changed and the bank details thats it

Original Poster

Soul Survivor;7723449

You should be able to, When I turned 18, I had my O2 contract transffered … You should be able to, When I turned 18, I had my O2 contract transffered to my name. Had the name changed and the bank details thats it

Yeah but I don't want to change the bank details

spikeyjacko;7723487

Yeah but I don't want to change the bank details

Best thing to do is phone O2 up and ask them

spikeyjacko;7723419

Damn :(Why's this?Surely theres no actual harm done?

Security, their protection, probably some governmental thing.

Thats like someone getting me a £10,000 loan when i'm 17 then transferring it to my name when i'm 18. Just won't happen..

I know o2, voda and orange 10000% won't let you.

You can change the bank details, but that's it.

The others probably won't neither.

Original Poster

Just rang up.
    What i want is for me to be the account holder, but for her to pay the bill, the woman said to ring back when I'm 18, and they'll do that for me no problem.

spikeyjacko;7723554

Just rang up.What i want is for me to be the account holder, but for her … Just rang up.What i want is for me to be the account holder, but for her to pay the bill, the woman said to ring back when I'm 18, and they'll do that for me no problem.

Sorted then

Original Poster

Soul Survivor;7723583

Sorted then

Yep cheers :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1212
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90153
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501

See more discussions