Groups

quick one chromecast or fire stick

Just a quick one i wanted to know what best for my daughter fire stick or chromecast i know nothing ?
    She wants to cast stuff from laptop to tv like iplayer, itv and other stuff from phone. I have prime would it be best with fire stick and does this cast stuff also thanks thick dad

20 Comments

Firestick in my opinion!

Firestick for me but better if you have Amazon Prime.

Chromecast, more flexibke imho.

Original Poster

I have prime so she can use that can the fire stick cast other stuff or is the chromecast best for this ?

I'll add to the votes for fire stick.

chromecast is best for casting but the firestick may have an app for it. i.e. bbc iplayer available as an app on firestick

Banned

fire stick is more useful for such things like kodi and what else it can bring (im sure you can google it or someone else will tel you, i wont),

but chromecast is fine if the only need / want is to cast from laptop (ofc the kodi thing can be done on chromecasts too but its more of a pain than on fire sticks)
    Edited by: "057907" 7th Dec 2016

Firestick

Fire stick, even better with prime.

firestick here

neither.

Banned

ijw0161

neither.

altho pc works just fine, as do smart tvs for kodi and more, i think he wanted one or the other

Firestick.. It has has a remote. You don't need phone to use it and you can get Iplayer and other features on a firestick. You can use the mirror cast if needed to. Many mobile phones come with mirror cast already installed if needed. Are you a amazon prime or happy to pay for it? If no then the Google Chrome cast would be better. That's how I see it.

firestick always you can put bt app on it and get HD if you only have sd bt on sky
    Edited by: "madmax666" 7th Dec 2016

Fire stick. It's Android. Do more. Casting apps still available for firestick. So you have fire stick and chrome cast in 1.

Chromecast is better, who needs remotes cluttering up the place!

Firestick better can put kodi on it features. Plex etc. For casting I think chromecast better as apps for the stick are not free

most certainly firestick I have 2 firesticks and 1 chromecast which gathers dust , you can do far more with a firestick

apps for the stick are free. I dont think site rules allow me to name them unfortunately

Chromecast easier to use. Firestick more features. Depends on price though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow814
      2. word association Game73944537
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force810
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927372

See more discussions