Quick Paypal cover question

If i buy a laptop on here and pay with paypal (not paypal gift) and i covered if it doesn't turn up or if its broken? Or is that only if you buy from ebay?
Thanks

19 Comments

Banned

if you dont pay by gift yes you can put in a claim, if won you will only get up to the amount you paid, dependant on what is already sat in the account, if its empty you will get nothing

Original Poster

sassie;6510988

if you dont pay by gift yes you can put in a claim, if won you will only … if you dont pay by gift yes you can put in a claim, if won you will only get up to the amount you paid, dependant on what is already sat in the account, if its empty you will get nothing

With ebay they refund you and put their account into debt, does that not happen if you don't go through ebay? And yeah id only expect a refund for what id paid

Banned

Emzy81;6511008

With ebay they refund you and put their account into debt, does that not … With ebay they refund you and put their account into debt, does that not happen if you don't go through ebay? And yeah id only expect a refund for what id paid

no that is just for ebay, up to what you paid dependant on how much is in account i meant

Original Poster

sassie;6511037

no that is just for ebay, up to what you paid dependant on how much is in … no that is just for ebay, up to what you paid dependant on how much is in account i meant

Ahhh now thats put me off lol!

You will be hard pushed to get someone to let you pay via paypal normal. I for one wouldn't sell anything on here with paypal normal as people could do a runner easy with my money, and I would be out of pocket.

Banned

Adam2050;6511144

You will be hard pushed to get someone to let you pay via paypal normal. … You will be hard pushed to get someone to let you pay via paypal normal. I for one wouldn't sell anything on here with paypal normal as people could do a runner easy with my money, and I would be out of pocket.

same as they could with gift, both about the same really, one wiuth fees one without

Original Poster

Adam2050;6511144

You will be hard pushed to get someone to let you pay via paypal normal. … You will be hard pushed to get someone to let you pay via paypal normal. I for one wouldn't sell anything on here with paypal normal as people could do a runner easy with my money, and I would be out of pocket.

Yep and they could take my money and ill be out of pocket!

sassie;6511193

same as they could with gift, both about the same really, one wiuth fees … same as they could with gift, both about the same really, one wiuth fees one without

They can't claim gift back?

Banned

Adam2050;6511224

They can't claim gift back?

they canna claim the other back if account is emptied either, anyone who is not genuine will empty account, so both same to me - lol

Paying by normal paypal (away from ebay) will ONLY cover you if you DONT recieve the goods. if they are faulty/not as described you will NOT receive a refund.
Quote taken from email from paypal after a dispute:
"As you may already be aware, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies only
to the delivery of goods and not to complaints about the attributes or
quality of goods received through an eBay transaction. Therefore, we will
not conduct an investigation into this matter at this time."

Banned

amzy if you are uncomfortable do not deal, dont rely on paypal, banks, etc,etc to help, just dont deal

sassie;6511241

they canna claim the other back if account is emptied either, anyone who … they canna claim the other back if account is emptied either, anyone who is not genuine will empty account, so both same to me - lol

I'm on about people claiming the money back when they claim theres a fault and don't have to prove nothing, or if theres nothing in box seen that happen before. I'm not on about account cleaners.

Plus how the heck are they going to clear your account of money sent to you?

sassie;6511252

amzy if you are uncomfortable do not deal, dont rely on paypal, banks, … amzy if you are uncomfortable do not deal, dont rely on paypal, banks, etc,etc to help, just dont deal

+1

Original Poster

ok, thanks for all your help

Banned

Ok, so if ive sent someone money as a gift in paypal, how would i go about getting that back?

Banned

Adnan786;6511593

Ok, so if ive sent someone money as a gift in paypal, how would i go … Ok, so if ive sent someone money as a gift in paypal, how would i go about getting that back?

you cant

Banned

sassie;6511606

you cant

Thought not. And wow @ ur post count :thumbsup:

Banned

Adnan786;6511932

Thought not. And wow @ ur post count :thumbsup:

i know the mods keep adding to my post count so i look a saddo :oops:

ok, i lied i'm a trappy cow

When it comes to PayPal the only really secure way to buy is on Ebay as you have full protection. With a claim on a normal PayPal payment outside of Ebay you will only get reimbursed up to what the seller has in their account at the time the claim is processed. This makes it near useless as anyone out to scam you will withdraw the funds as soon as they can and you will be left with nothing. On forums sellers will expebt PayPal gift payments, not out of any sort of dishonesty, but to avoid the atrocious fees and for their own protection against buyer fraud which now far out weighs seller fraud due to PayPal's current insane buyer bias.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2161
    2. Sad news about Barcelona33
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764038
    4. Pink Balls24

See more discussions