Groups

Quick question

Banned
    Well OH just dropped my vaio laptop and the screen is broken , (twice this has happened)

Can not be bothered to replace the screen again, would it be possible to list the componenents that are salvageable and offer them for sale on FS/FT section without it being considered a bulk sale .

Wanting to sell the ram , motherboard, screen inverter , charger etc

or would i have to sell it as a complete item

cheers in advance rep will be left

I know i have to wait 7 days before i list this also

20 Comments

Why not sell as is? Someone might want it hooked up to a TV, or something...

Original Poster Banned

g1bbuk;7509425

Why not sell as is? Someone might want it hooked up to a TV, or … Why not sell as is? Someone might want it hooked up to a TV, or something...

tried hooking it upto a monitor , but this will not work unless you set it upto display on the external display via the laptop which i can not do as i cant see the screen :thinking:

any suggestions?

best to sell as it is, you will get more money from it i think.

Original Poster Banned

don't suppose you know the going rate of a faulty vaio do you .. because i have not got the foggiest :thinking: of where to start

modernwarfarepro;7509535

don't suppose you know the going rate of a faulty vaio do you .. because … don't suppose you know the going rate of a faulty vaio do you .. because i have not got the foggiest :thinking: of where to start

In that case I'll give you £10 for it:-D

Original Poster Banned

g1bbuk;7509576

In that case I'll give you £10 for it:-D

can you wait 7 days......:-D , sorry i will have to decline :thumbsup:

Have you pressed the function key and the relevant f key to get it to display on a monitor?

just saying a vaio wont get you very far, you need specs or model number

Original Poster Banned

jtx;7509649

Have you pressed the function key and the relevant f key to get it to … Have you pressed the function key and the relevant f key to get it to display on a monitor?

Yes the laptop just beeps :thinking:

Original Poster Banned

dataload;7509650

just saying a vaio wont get you very far, you need specs or model number

but it is actually up there in the tags bit :whistling:

modernwarfarepro;7509700

but it is actually up there in the tags bit :whistling:

ah yeah, didn't see that

Id get rid of the OH for dropping it again!

Original Poster Banned

Faiza;7509822

Id get rid of the OH for dropping it again!

Thought has crossed my mind :w00t:, anyone know which buttons to press function + ? to get it to display to external screen?

modernwarfarepro;7509535

don't suppose you know the going rate of a faulty vaio do you .. because … don't suppose you know the going rate of a faulty vaio do you .. because i have not got the foggiest :thinking: of where to start

If it's under 3 years old and everything else is good, you should get about £150ish on ebay. Less if it's older or other bits faulty.

Original Poster Banned

tony_s1;7509896

If it's under 3 years old and everything else is good, you should get … If it's under 3 years old and everything else is good, you should get about £150ish on ebay. Less if it's older or other bits faulty.

bought it last year for £420 from comet , £150 is not to bad on the scheme of things , i'd love to get it working on an external display to see if anything else is up with it :thinking:

If you have accidental home contents insurance, it might be worth looking at claiming...

Original Poster Banned

moob;7509994

If you have accidental home contents insurance, it might be worth looking … If you have accidental home contents insurance, it might be worth looking at claiming...

next thing on my list unfortunatly :oops:

modernwarfarepro;7510062

next thing on my list unfortunatly :oops:

Damn, sorry to hear that - good luck with it anyway.

Original Poster Banned

moob;7510084

Damn, sorry to hear that - good luck with it anyway.

cheers dude , now wheres the laptop manual :x

modernwarfarepro;7509692

Yes the laptop just beeps :thinking:

Its Fn+F7 on my vaio laptop for external display.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions