Groups

quick question about device manager

hi. Iv just went on device manager in control panels and looked under processors and it lists my processor "AMD ATHLON (TM) 64 X2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 3800+. its listed TWICE (theres 2 of them) there identical in description.

Iv recently upgraded to vista premium (free upgrade),do you think this could of duplicated the processor. just wondering what would happen if i deleted one of them.would anything happen? like my computer not work

do you think its making my computer slow by having 2 of them

Thanks in advance

9 Comments

Would it not list each core as a separate device? I only just found out that on task manager you can assign operations to a specific core, which would imply it would appear twice in device manager.

It's because you have a dual core processors - that's like having two processors in one PC.

Also comes up if your motherboard accepts hyper threading

Original Poster

o right so its totally normal.

Original Poster

is there a way i can check what my PSU is on device manager,and what iv used my RAM memory on

Thanks for the help

CTRL+ALT+DEL to open task manager and look at your processes tab. I then sort in order of RAM use to find out what's hogging the system. Really shocking how much RAM something like Firefox can gobble up.

Original Poster

thanks mbeecing,internet explorer takes up alot doesnt it. can i also see what kind of PSU i have in computer on device manager or CTRL ALT DEL. i.e 320w.520w etc

The PSU won't appear as it's not something you install and there's no software associated with it, it just provides power...

Would something like Belarc Advisor pickup this sort of info? - I can't check as i'm on my Mac at the moment.
    belarc.com/fre…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846152

See more discussions