Groups

Quick question about Police Recruitment

Hi, do you need to be able to drive to join the police force?
    I am currently taking lessons but it dosen't specify if you need a license.

Cheers in advance and rep will be added.

9 Comments

Banned

I don't have a driving licence. Can I still apply to become a police officer?

Yes. You don't need to have a full driving licence to apply but you will need to learn to drive and pass you test in your own time and at your own expense within the first year of appointment.

link kent.police.uk/Wor…tml

my sister is in the police and she cant drive at all. she has been a police officer for 3 years and still doesnt drive.
    met.police.uk/car…tml
    says nothing about needing to be able to drive. think it depends on location

Banned

Whatever the outcome... good luck with it Ross

you dont need a license to apply for the met- you will need one if you are in the job and want to drive

Original Poster

cheers guys many thanks

down here, not to start off with, but you will have to learn in your own time, not much use in our area without one!!

DangerGod;6073309

I don't have a driving licence. Can I still apply to become a police … I don't have a driving licence. Can I still apply to become a police officer?Yes. You don't need to have a full driving licence to apply but you will need to learn to drive and pass you test in your own time and at your own expense within the first year of appointment.link http://www.kent.police.uk/Work%20for%20the%20Police/Become%20a%20Police%20Officer/Join%20the%20police%20-%20FA.html

I knew LOADS of coppers who couldn't drive - that's very strange - then maybe it's different in the MET as you are more likely to be a beat bobby!

You have to be fit though

Are you fit?

If so Pic proof please! (Someone's bad habits are rubbing off on me) :oops:

Butterflies;6078981

(Someone's bad habits are rubbing off on me) :oops:

Pics
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767509
      2. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …55
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691428
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553814

See more discussions