Groups
    EXPIRED

Quick Question About SIM Cards

Hi, I've been looking for a new contract, and am very tempted by the deals on T-Mobile.

What I'm wondering is, would it be possible to get one of the Android handsets on contract (as they all come with unlimited internet regardless, allowing the flexible booster to be used on unl. texts) and then put the sim in another phone, giving me the unlimited data as well as texts, but not in an android phone?

I hope this makes sense.

What I mean is, for example, the HTC Desire (http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-monthly/htc/desire/price-plans/) has unlimited internet on top of the deal you get on, for example, the W995 (http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-monthly/sony-ericsson/w995/price-plans/)

Thanks

5 Comments

Original Poster

Will check the thread in the morning, thanks in advance guys

yes - the unlimited data is linked to the sim - not handset

Yes, that will be fine!

Have been using normal £5 web and walk with my iPhone on T-mobile for 6mths, never gone over my allowance nor had a text to say I was reaching my limit & I surf the internet practically all day!

Why don't you just get a Sim only deal? Especially if you intend on using the sim card in a phone other than the one coming with your contract? May work out better, plus you will not be tied in for 18/24mths!

Pr3cious18;8198784

Yes, that will be fine!Have been using normal £5 web and walk with my … Yes, that will be fine!Have been using normal £5 web and walk with my iPhone on T-mobile for 6mths, never gone over my allowance nor had a text to say I was reaching my limit & I surf the internet practically all day!Why don't you just get a Sim only deal? Especially if you intend on using the sim card in a phone other than the one coming with your contract? May work out better, plus you will not be tied in for 18/24mths!

Well presuming they are looking at the £10 a month HTC Desire deal. As people are getting the phone for £124 (by asking for the £40 off they would get as cashback) and the contract costing £240 for the duration if they can get anywhere the £350 mark for the phone then it won't have cost them a penny.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies everyone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?3460
      2. word association Game74044584
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407244
      4. FREE Odeon cinema ticket45

See more discussions