Quick question - is it HTC that wraps text or android 2.3?

Cheers

11 Comments

Original Poster

Basically does the samsung galaxy s wrap text?

The galaxy s runs Android. I don't really understand the question

+1

sancho1983

The galaxy s runs Android. I don't really understand the question

They mean that the HTC wraps text but don't know if it's the HTC that does it or the Android. They want to know if it's the android because they want to know if the S2 wraps it ¬.¬

Sorry I can't answer your question.

Think I read a review of it that says it doesnt - something to do with you have to double tap it & wait for it to wrap - may have been engadget but cant really remember lol sorry - will see if I can find it again !

EDIT - found it - Have a read here TechRadar
Edited by: "vraptorchick" 29th Apr 2011

i think the point is we have no idea where the 'wrapped text' lives - in a proprietary app, the homescreen, a stock google app, etc etc. without that its a fairly impossible question to answer

Dehumanization

They mean that the HTC wraps text but don't know if it's the HTC that … They mean that the HTC wraps text but don't know if it's the HTC that does it or the Android. They want to know if it's the android because they want to know if the S2 wraps it ¬.¬Sorry I can't answer your question.

Original Poster

Dehumanization

They mean that the HTC wraps text but don't know if it's the HTC that … They mean that the HTC wraps text but don't know if it's the HTC that does it or the Android. They want to know if it's the android because they want to know if the S2 wraps it ¬.¬Sorry I can't answer your question.

Yeah thats what i meant thanks mate

I just want someone with a Samsung Galaxy to tell me, if the text wraps in the internet browser when they zoom in

Read my post above click on the review at techradar - it says that it doesnt wrap it.

dt_matthews

i think the point is we have no idea where the 'wrapped text' lives - in … i think the point is we have no idea where the 'wrapped text' lives - in a proprietary app, the homescreen, a stock google app, etc etc. without that its a fairly impossible question to answer

lol.. 'I don't really understand the question' is different to ^

Well, I was being british and modest, ok, the question cant be answered without more information, that better

Do you mean text reflow? So if you double tap or zoom in the browser scales the text to fit the viewable area?

This has been a HTC only feature since the HD2. Similarly, i believe it's still only HTC phones with the modified Android browser does this.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2152
    2. Better watch out for these...913
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763971
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846086

See more discussions