Groups

Quick question re: changing internet provider...

...If you want to change does the new provider do all the work or do you have to contact your current provider?

9 Comments

The ISP did all the work for me, and the transfer was seamless.

From Sky Connect to Talk Talk LLU

Rick
    Edited by: "RickT" 19th Nov 2010

yep, ISP should do all the work for you. Just do not cancel your B/B as you can be left without it until your new ISP takes over the service.

You need to get the MAC from your existing ISP, and then you give that to your new one, after that you don't need to deal with the old ISP again.

Banned

I believe there is still problems for people migrating between o2 and Be (something to do with them being the same network)... but otherwise its easy.

^ not sure thats true anymore either, can't find any record of it now.
    Edited by: "vibeone" 19th Nov 2010

Where you going from and to ??

I left it with Talk Talk to do mine, (which was hard knowing how poor their service can be) but they managed to have me transferred within 2 weeks.

Rick

Original Poster

Am with AOL at the moment...Xbox Live and internet connection has been bad for weeks now....on and off countless times a day. I have Sky tv so thought I may go with them. Haven't really looked into it yet.

go to samknows exchange checker and put your postcode in to see if there are any LLU suppliers in your area

Original Poster

Thanks for all your input

Original Poster

boabbyrab

go to samknows exchange checker and put your postcode in to see if there … go to samknows exchange checker and put your postcode in to see if there are any LLU suppliers in your area

What does LLU mean?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One S or Xbox One X11
      2. Need help with home Internet dropping out please56
      3. Best Wi-Fi extender33
      4. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22

See more discussions