Groups

Quick, quick.....help required

My hubby is outside cutting down half a tree that' hanging over our garden (not ours) he's he allowed??

30 Comments

can cut down anything that over hangs your garden but not the whole tree, except if its protected then you cant touch it without permission

Banned

LaoTzu;2826755

can cut down anything that over hangs your garden but not the whole tree, … can cut down anything that over hangs your garden but not the whole tree, except if its protected then you cant touch it without permission

There you have it Lao is right

Ohh he needs to be careful Hannah, has he spoken to the neighbours who own the tree before attacking it?

Post above has it right tho

LaoTzu;2826755

can cut down anything that over hangs your garden but not the whole tree, … can cut down anything that over hangs your garden but not the whole tree, except if its protected then you cant touch it without permission

ditto

make sure you give the cuttings back cos its their property :giggle:

fireheaven;2826769

Ohh he needs to be careful Hannah, has he spoken to the neighbours who … Ohh he needs to be careful Hannah, has he spoken to the neighbours who own the tree before attacking it?Post above has it right tho

but agree it would have been polite toask

Original Poster

It's in an allyway - we asked the council but they said it wasn't theres

My hubby is outside cutting down half a tree that' hanging over our … My hubby is outside cutting down half a tree that' hanging over our garden (not ours) he's he allowed??

A man with a chainsaw does not need permission. Has modern cinema taught you nothing?

Banned

dxx;2826797

A man with a chainsaw does not need permission. Has modern cinema taught … A man with a chainsaw does not need permission. Has modern cinema taught you nothing?

lolllllll ....

which eventually always translates into "a damsel in distress "

Original Poster

dxx;2826797

A man with a chainsaw does not need permission. Has modern cinema taught … A man with a chainsaw does not need permission. Has modern cinema taught you nothing?

lol......I should take a pic - he got a hand saw :lol:

Original Poster

Dell_in_the_bed;2826808

lolllllll .... which eventually always translates into "a damsel in … lolllllll .... which eventually always translates into "a damsel in distress "

I could be a damsel in distress if needs be:whistling:

Banned

hannah19790;2826831

I could be a damsel in distress if needs be:whistling:

Hence the avatar :-D

Original Poster

Dell_in_the_bed;2826865

Hence the avatar :-D

I play the part well lol

have you asked neighbours - or just told them in friendly way - keeping my fingers crossed you and neighbours are on good terms:thumbsup:

Banned

hannah19790;2826895

I play the part well lol

I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith the other day

:w00t: Woodman Spare That Tree.

You Tube him. :whistling:

Original Poster

holly100;2826926

have you asked neighbours - or just told them in friendly way - keeping … have you asked neighbours - or just told them in friendly way - keeping my fingers crossed you and neighbours are on good terms:thumbsup:

Neighbours have come out to help. It's an elderberry tree and so the back of our garden has red stains all over it. Don't know who it belongs too as its in an alley

Original Poster

kyalion;2826933

You Tube him. :whistling:

Tempted..............but he'll kill me lol

Banned

LaoTzu;2826755

However the law is that you must return anything you cut off the tree to the owner

Original Poster

teamsupport;2826931

:w00t: Woodman Spare That Tree.

:w00t: God I hope not! lol

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2827013

However the law is that you must return anything you cut off the tree to … However the law is that you must return anything you cut off the tree to the owner

We best leave it under the tree then, since we don't know who owns it lol

Original Poster

Dell_in_the_bed;2826929

I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith the other day

How I do?

Banned

hannah19790;2827037

We best leave it under the tree then, since we don't know who owns it lol

Oh well in that case just remove the evidence and when the owner comes along stand in your gardens doing this..... :whistling:

Foosball Chum;2827013

However the law is that you must return anything you cut off the tree to … However the law is that you must return anything you cut off the tree to the owner

Umm, a very ignorant neighbour of ours came into our property to cut down our tree because they diddnt have a good view. - They also threw all the cuttings into our garden.

You are not allowed to do this lol! So dont!

I would try to ask who the tree belongs to, worst thing in the world is poor neighbours.

Original Poster

aircanman;2827088

Umm, a very ignorant neighbour of ours came into our property to cut … Umm, a very ignorant neighbour of ours came into our property to cut down our tree because they diddnt have a good view. - They also threw all the cuttings into our garden. You are not allowed to do this lol! So dont! I would try to ask who the tree belongs to, worst thing in the world is poor neighbours.

I have done - the tree is in an alley and I've phoned the council and it's not theres. I don't know who it belongs too. I would like to say I have very good neighbours and would like to believe I'm a good one too!!!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Foosball Chum;2827056

Oh well in that case just remove the evidence and when the owner comes … Oh well in that case just remove the evidence and when the owner comes along stand in your gardens doing this..... :whistling:

Let's hope they fall for it lol, I'll practise
    :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

hannah19790;2827159

I have done - the tree is in an alley and I've phoned the council and … I have done - the tree is in an alley and I've phoned the council and it's not theres. I don't know who it belongs too. I would like to say I have very good neighbours and would like to believe I'm a good one too!!!:thumbsup:

lol, cool. Wouldnt that be classed as tipping tho?

Does the tree have no owner at all?

Original Poster

aircanman;2827405

lol, cool. Wouldnt that be classed as tipping tho? Does the tree have … lol, cool. Wouldnt that be classed as tipping tho? Does the tree have no owner at all?

I haven't a clue and don't know who to ask. Did phone council but said it wasn't theres - It must be owned by someone though hey? Too late now anyway, all done!:p

I hope that there isn't a preseravtion order on the tree.

As said previously return everything to the owner, fruit, branches etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213641
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1743
      3. Your dream gaming set up?1121
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …152364

See more discussions