Groups

Quick tips on how to clear your browser cache

This is obviously aimed at people who suffered after what happened this morning on HUKD and please forgive me if this isn't 100% accurate, I just typed it up from what how my browsers seem to work:

Internet Explorer:
    Control Panel > Internet Options/Properties > General > delete files, tick delete offline content, ok

Firefox:
    Tools > clear private data > tick cache only > press "clear private data now"

Mozilla:
    Edit > preferences > advanced > cache > clear cache

Opera:
    Tools > preferences > advanced > history > memory cache: empty now

Feel free to add your own or correct me if I'm wrong or any other tips welcome etc, thanks.

14 Comments

Thanks. Hope no one was too badly affected... only sorry I couldn't be online sooner. :-(

Original Poster

Well I was quite harsh on MikeT this morning lol.
    All sorted now ofc.

Hopefully people who got those images at work will be reading and following this if they want to keep their job

Harsh..schizoboy..didn't know you had it in you!

Original Poster

As I've said before, some people with fragile ego's can't take me being blunt and to the point, I've been chucked off community forums/sites because of it

But I was wrong to berate MikeT the way I did.

schizoboy

As I've said before, some people with fragile ego's can't take me being … As I've said before, some people with fragile ego's can't take me being blunt and to the point, I've been chucked off community forums/sites because of it :)But I was wrong to berate MikeT the way I did.

Well at least you're man enough to apologise.....MikeT is a gentleman and deserves all the praise he receives for all his help with Dell products....having said that I didn't notice any of your berating in the thread started in the early hours...probably wasn't paying attention...unless of course it was removed by the mods!!!

Original Poster

No it wasn't that bad, I was just on my high horse

I wonder of imageshack or photobucket removed the ads though, i sent abuse messages to both of them.

Yeah, the images have been removed but I don't think the account has.

As for flipping out in the forums, I know exactly why you did. It's very possible to get caught out at work with those, but unfortunately we'd not thought anything like this would ever happen and didn't have a plan. No real way of temporarily closing the site and there's only so much mods can do. Now the mods can get in touch with each other and call for back-up, which will help if it should ever happen again. lol.

Yes, I'll sell all the mods phone numbers to the highest bidder....

emmajk42

Yes, I'll sell all the mods phone numbers to the highest bidder....

Put them on ebay on Thursday :giggle: :whistling: :whistling: 10p listing day.

dinosteveus

Put them on ebay on Thursday :giggle: :whistling: :whistling: 10p listing … Put them on ebay on Thursday :giggle: :whistling: :whistling: 10p listing day.

Cannot resist Dino...it's the Yorkshire in me....don't you mean £12 listing!!! he he

currychops

Cannot resist Dino...it's the Yorkshire in me....don't you mean £12 … Cannot resist Dino...it's the Yorkshire in me....don't you mean £12 listing!!! he he

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Original Poster

For those more paranoid there is:
    ]http//ww…er/

Install that, clear your cache as mentioned above,and you can use that to wipe the spare free space to Department Of Defence specifications and beyond

Thanks for the browser cache info schizoboy! Useful for a quick guide to each one and might be worth posting in dinosteveus's advice on cashback site's thread too

Original Poster

Clearing cache is not the same as removing referral entries in your cookies, personally with all the browser choices out there, people should use a cookie clean and seperate browser for all orders via cashback sites like quidco.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed11
      2. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA55
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?59
      4. Speccing a gaming pc415

See more discussions