Groups

Quick Xbox 360 question

I have a launch Xbox 360, anyone know what drive it is likely to have? Just want to know before I open it, unlikely to be BenQ I think.

10 Comments

You can tell without having to open it up by just looking at the shape of the holes in the disc tray when it is open.
    You should be able to find a reference image on google.

lol at hotlink :-)

Try this link, I think you'll probably have a hitachi drive, which are cheap and utter rubbish - I know cos I have one :'(

]http//ww…htm

Original Poster

The Hitachi ones aren't easily flashable are they? Weird that the later drives are quieter and easy to flash. Damn.

ms25 is my bet for a first version 360,

Sure it went ms25, ms28, then all the hitatchi's then benq then lite-on...

I could be wrong though..

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;3730116

ms25 is my bet for a first version 360,Sure it went ms25, ms28, then all … ms25 is my bet for a first version 360,Sure it went ms25, ms28, then all the hitatchi's then benq then lite-on...I could be wrong though..

Thanks, will report back when I find out.

Abvance;3730109

The Hitachi ones aren't easily flashable are they? Weird that the later … The Hitachi ones aren't easily flashable are they? Weird that the later drives are quieter and easy to flash. Damn.

depends which verison hitatchi it is dude, most are easy enough, just have to get it into mode B by booting your pc with a special CD (slax)

Original Poster

It was Hitachi but I managed to flash it!

Congrats :-) I've thought about flashing mine - how easy was it?

nick_2k;3737255

as easy as reading and then following instructions lol:thumbsup:

Original Poster

nick_2k;3737255

If you follow the instructions step-by-step and watch the videos on how to open it, it's not that hard, just a little long winded, you know what drive you have? P.S. Prince of Persia and Dead Space are great!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40215
      2. word association Game73944498
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7151347
      4. What would be HELL to you?1922

See more discussions